600 psi shock pump

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

600 psi shock pump

Post by RaZias »

This pump is a small pump to pressurise a shock suspension for Mountain bikes.

The catch is that works with the wrists but I wonder if someone could adapt it to a structure to work like a feet pump system...and then adapt that system so that instead of putting our weight with the feet we could put our body weight like a 2 hands system...

http://www.profirad.de/scott-shock-pump ... l?osCsid=c
Research and Development is the soul of WR
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: 600 psi shock pump

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

RaZias wrote:This pump is a small pump to pressurise a shock suspension for Mountain bikes.

The catch is that works with the wrists but I wonder if someone could adapt it to a structure to work like a feet pump system...and then adapt that system so that instead of putting our weight with the feet we could put our body weight like a 2 hands system...

http://www.profirad.de/scott-shock-pump ... l?osCsid=c
If you had several of them working in parallel, you could overcome the small volume of the pump. The other thing to remember is that getting 300PSI from a 600PSI pump would be quite effortless, so if all you need is 200 or 300 PSI then this could be a good choice for you.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by RaZias »

It´s also necessary to say that this type of pump doesn´t (i think) connect to a typical tire valve but to a special valve in rear shock for bikes so you have make a adaption...
Research and Development is the soul of WR
thunderrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by thunderrockets »

i noticed that the pressure chamber is verry small,and you could get 600 psi with only your arms, i wonder if making a pump out of 1/2" plumbing parts would give the same ammount of pressure with less effort.
thunderrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by thunderrockets »

im certainley going make one and post the test result on the forum.
it's worth trying