Gardena Fittings

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Andrew Leigh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gardena Fittings

Post by Andrew Leigh »

Hi, my first post.

Will be making a launch using the Gardena quick release system. I have the two components in my grubby mitts and notice that the flange on the male fitting is flush with the top the female. How does one then accommodate the addition thickness created by the bottle cap and the sealing washer? Does one need to remove material from the gray inner ring (on the female) containing the locking lugs?

I know it works but am a little confused as to where the additional thickness is taken up.

Cheers
Andrew
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Gardena Fittings

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Hi Andrew. Welcome to the forum.

If your gardena is made like most others, there should be enough play in the fit that you can press the sides together even with a cap thickness in between. If you do have some problem fitting them together, it's probably safe to remove some material from the top of the female side of the connector. You could also use a file and simply make the groove where the tabs grip the male side a little larger. Good luck!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Andrew Leigh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Gardena Fittings

Post by Andrew Leigh »

Hi and thanks for the response,

yup it was only after I posted did I do more fiddeling about and noticed that there was about close to 2mm play.

Cheers
Andrew