Extension air hoses

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
toxikman

Extension air hoses

Post by toxikman »

Safety first! Need a 20+ft air hose for Clark-cable launcher.

The only hose I can seem to find on the net is made for air-compressors with 1/4" male quick-release "barb" connectors on each end.

Is this what people typically use? Then launcher would have 1/4" female quick-release fittings with pipe thread connected to the launcher?

My launcher and floor pump are Schrader valves, but the valve on the launcher can be easily swapped-out.

Thanks for the advise!
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Extension air hoses

Post by WRA2 »

toxikman wrote:Safety first! Need a 20+ft air hose for Clark-cable launcher.

The only hose I can seem to find on the net is made for air-compressors with 1/4" male quick-release "barb" connectors on each end.

Is this what people typically use? Then launcher would have 1/4" female quick-release fittings with pipe thread connected to the launcher?

My launcher and floor pump are Schrader valves, but the valve on the launcher can be easily swapped-out.

Thanks for the advise!
Try looking for air hose that auto mechanics use to run the air powered tools with. It is sold at most hardware and auto parts stores. If you are planning on using even higher pressures then pressure washer hose works. These both come with threaded connections on both ends which through the use of adapters can be connected directly to your launcher and pressure source. The "barbed" fittings should be avoided as the pressure could push the hose off (especially on a warm sunny day when the rubber in the hose softens).
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2: