3000 psi hand pump :O

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Jelo
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

3000 psi hand pump :O

Post by Jelo »

Hey guys,

Look at what i found, its used to fill paintball tanks: http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Ventu ... P_guns/459

At that pressure the air turns liquid but i bet you could stop at 2000 psi 8) I definitely dont need it yet but just throwing it out there for high pressure guys
Anto'

always wear a raincoat
teper
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: 3000 psi hand pump :0

Post by teper »

it would be cool if instead of using water in the water rocket, you used liquid air. :D :mrgreen: :lol:
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: 3000 psi hand pump :0

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

teper wrote:it would be cool if instead of using water in the water rocket, you used liquid air. :D :mrgreen: :lol:
If you did that then the air would phase change to gas on the way out. You could use that to great effect in a C/D nozzle to get a lot of extra power. Sadly, it would be a compressed air rocket and not a water rocket.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: 3000 psi hand pump :O

Post by Brian »

The atmosphere is saturated with water in gasous form and 3000psi of air will contain alot of water. Due to a rapid depressurization apon launch, the water should leave soloution and precipitate as water in its liquid state. This is erelivant because the water is still present in solution.
Is the reaction mass required to be seporate from the pressurized gas to be classified as a water rocket?
A hygrometre would probably be needed to find water content.
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Brian wrote:The atmosphere is saturated with water in gasous form and 3000psi of air will contain alot of water. Due to a rapid depressurization apon launch, the water should leave soloution and precipitate as water in its liquid state. This is erelivant because the water is still present in solution.
Is the reaction mass required to be seporate from the pressurized gas to be classified as a water rocket?
A hygrometre would probably be needed to find water content.
Hi Brian

Any water in the air would be frozen by the phase change of the liquid oxygen turning back into gas.

A rocket powered by a liquid "boiling off into gas" would be considered a "phase change" or "steam rocket".
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Tommy
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tommy »

That sure wouldtake a long time to pump, and the cylinder that :D :D /pushes the air would have to be very small to get leverage. I think it would be impractical, but hey, what do I know? It could work...
Tommy
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tommy »

Woops, I didn't mean to put those smileys there.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Tommy wrote:That sure wouldtake a long time to pump, and the cylinder that :D :D /pushes the air would have to be very small to get leverage. I think it would be impractical, but hey, what do I know? It could work...
If the small cylinder was used as a second or 3rd stage for a multiple stage compressor, it would be just the right size.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Lasheyda
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Lasheyda »

I own a pump like that for my PCP airgun, the output of air per pump is quite good. (though, it would still take a long time to fill a high volume water rocket.)
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Reptiglorandrockets »

Lasheyda wrote:I own a pump like that for my PCP airgun, the output of air per pump is quite good. (though, it would still take a long time to fill a high volume water rocket.)
Late reply, but what gun do you have? I have a Benjamin Marauder .22 but the pump burned out within the 30th time refilling the gun.
Blog:http://rrockets.blogspot.com/?m=1

Email: reptiglorandrockets@gmail.com

Visit Reptiglorandrockets on YouTube!

Facebook: Randy Truman Jr.