Gardena attachment idea

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
FlightCommand
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Gardena attachment idea

Post by FlightCommand »

I am not sure if this has been done before but I have an idea for making the nozzle. Instead of replacing the end with a bottle cap, use a soap dispenser cap. It matches the threads and already has a hole drilled in it. Just seal it with an o-ring and you are good to go.
You don't need a parachute to launch a rocket, but you need a parachute to launch a rocket twice.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Gardena attachment idea

Post by Tim Chen »

FlightCommand wrote:I am not sure if this has been done before but I have an idea for making the nozzle. Instead of replacing the end with a bottle cap, use a soap dispenser cap. It matches the threads and already has a hole drilled in it. Just seal it with an o-ring and you are good to go.
Will the caps that come on sports drinks work the same way? They have a push-pull tip that opens/closes the bottle. Similar to what I have on soap dispenser bottles.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
air.command

Post by air.command »

FlightCommand wrote:I am not sure if this has been done before but I have an idea for making the nozzle. Instead of replacing the end with a bottle cap, use a soap dispenser cap. It matches the threads and already has a hole drilled in it. Just seal it with an o-ring and you are good to go.
These types of caps are definitely better for nozzles. Because of the longer thread you have room for both the Gardena adaptor as well as the thicker seal that comes with them. The hole is usually a little on the small size but easy to ream out with a file to fit the nozzle.
Here is a video on how to do that: [youtube][/youtube] just skip to 6:30 into the video.

- George
http://www.AirCommandRockets.com
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

We discovered recently that our local bottles made by both pepsi and coke bottlers (which cover all the local brands of soft drinks) have a new bottle design and a new cap design. The new designs have one less thread on the bottle neck, so tornado tubes and other caps no longer fit all the way. It is likely that making gardena caps from hose fittings will not be possible because the thickness of the gardena will allow only one thread to barely engage fully. The caps will probably come off.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison