Hello. I have some questions.

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Freezy

Hello. I have some questions.

Post by Freezy »

Hello, TI: I am new to this forum and water rockets in general.

I started building a gardena launcher, but I found a better method done by "Littlesquirtswaterrockets"
(http://sites.google.com/site/littlesqui ... s/launcher)

but I can not find a brass check valve. Does anyone have suggestion?

Also when I plug the gardena nozzle into the launcher it seems to leak water. Again, I will need some guidance here.

TH:

:)
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hello. I have some questions.

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Freezy wrote:Hello, TI: I am new to this forum and water rockets in general.

I started building a gardena launcher, but I found a better method done by "Littlesquirtswaterrockets"

Also when I plug the gardena nozzle into the launcher it seems to leak water. Again, I will need some guidance here.

TH:

You should be able to find a check valve at any hardware shop that sells plumbing supplies. You may find they are called "non return" fittings, or "one way" fitting, and not "check valve". Have you looked for the part by other names? These are fairly common parts.

As for your leaking, it could be that your gardena connector is defective or broken or it is missing the washer or the o-ring that seals it. If it's old these rubber parts may have gone bad and cracked or something. Check those rubber parts.

Those "LittleSquirtsRockets" team is a member of this site, so you may get an answer directly from them.

Welcome to the forum.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Freezy

Re: Hello. I have some questions.

Post by Freezy »

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
Freezy wrote:Hello, TI: I am new to this forum and water rockets in general.

TH:

You should be able to find a check valve at any hardware shop that sells plumbing supplies. You may find they are called "non return" fittings, or "one way" fitting, and not "check valve". Have you looked for the part by other names? These are fairly common parts.

As for your leaking, it could be that your gardena connector is defective or broken or it is missing the washer or the o-ring that seals it. If it's old these rubber parts may have gone bad and cracked or something. Check those rubber parts.

Welcome to the forum.

Well, my home depot only had one, but it was two inches wide DOH: . My o-rings are fine, but I'll switch it our for a new one.
Thanks anyway. TH: