Gardena, metal vs pvc

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
bob755

Gardena, metal vs pvc

Post by bob755 »

Hello,

Starting my launcher design.

I was searching the internet for metal Gardena type connectors since they are quite difficult to find in the stores in France. I was surprised to see that one on-line shop that sells both, rated the brass connectors at 8 bars and the Gardena PVC ones at 10 bars.
The brass connectors use ball bearings to hold the male connector in place.

Does anyone have any information on these connectors?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Gardena, metal vs pvc

Post by RaZias »

The brass connectors come in 2 versions, one with 3 ball bearings and another one with 5 ball bearings.

The more ball bearings they have, less pressure they will make over the plastic male part because the pressure will better distributed.

I am in France (departement 81) and I find difficult to find metalic bearings, in Portugal they are everywhere.

Portugal has less agriculture and gardens than France but the kind the material you get there about plumbing and gardening is out of this world :shock:

Got 3 super-stores near my home town in Portugal for a 25 000 persons population.

When I visit my country I buy things there because in France is damn hard to find.
Research and Development is the soul of WR
bob755

Re: Gardena, metal vs pvc

Post by bob755 »

Thanks for the information.
I found several suppliers of brass connectors but I think they only have 3 bearings.
However I did find a supplier of pvc connectors made by Raco that are rated at 19bars. I think I'll go for these as they seem really solid.