Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Crushed sleeve stager for unrestricted nozzle.

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Post Reply
Krypstocken
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Crushed sleeve stager for unrestricted nozzle.

Post by Krypstocken » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:48 am

Hi

I'm on the lookout for a adaptation of the crushed sleeve stager that works with an unrestricted nozzle.

Has anyone seen such a stager?

Even better if it uses materials available in Europe.

Regards Kristoffer



User avatar
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Crushed sleeve stager for unrestricted nozzle.

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:35 pm

Krypstocken wrote:Hi

I'm on the lookout for a adaptation of the crushed sleeve stager that works with an unrestricted nozzle.

Has anyone seen such a stager?

Even better if it uses materials available in Europe.

Regards Kristoffer

Could you just take an existing design and enlarge it so it uses bigger diameter parts? You would need to just find local parts which are scaled up versions of the plans you are working from. It should work the same, just larger.


Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

Krypstocken
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: Crushed sleeve stager for unrestricted nozzle.

Post by Krypstocken » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:56 am

Hi

What I was hoping to find is a stager where the mechanism can be attached to the booster by a threaded lamp rod. That way it can used both on a single bottle and a double bootle booster. Using a European(Swedish) PVC pipe meant for electrical wires will give you a 1mm clearance in the bottle neck.

It's just an idea.

K



User avatar
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Crushed sleeve stager for unrestricted nozzle.

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:15 pm

Krypstocken wrote:Hi

What I was hoping to find is a stager where the mechanism can be attached to the booster by a threaded lamp rod. That way it can used both on a single bottle and a double bootle booster. Using a European(Swedish) PVC pipe meant for electrical wires will give you a 1mm clearance in the bottle neck.

It's just an idea.

K
It sounds like nothing anyone has ever done before, so you may be on the cutting edge. If you decide to take on the task of inventing it yourself, we would love to follow your progress. It sounds like fun.


Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

User avatar
Batkiter
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:07 am

Re: Crushed sleeve stager for unrestricted nozzle.

Post by Batkiter » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:18 am

I build some chrushing sleeve whit 20mm nozzle for european bottle-thread.

Regards Batkiter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Crushed sleeve stager for unrestricted nozzle.

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Batkiter wrote:I build some chrushing sleeve whit 20mm nozzle for european bottle-thread.

Regards Batkiter
What is the pitch of european bottle thread???


Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

User avatar
Batkiter
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:07 am

Re: Crushed sleeve stager for unrestricted nozzle.

Post by Batkiter » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:18 pm

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
Batkiter wrote:I build some chrushing sleeve whit 20mm nozzle for european bottle-thread.

Regards Batkiter
What is the pitch of european bottle thread???
Sorry for my late answer! European bottle thread is metric thread diameter 27mm x 3mm pitch.

Regards Batkiter



User avatar
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Re: Crushed sleeve stager for unrestricted nozzle.

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Batkiter wrote:
U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:
Batkiter wrote:I build some chrushing sleeve whit 20mm nozzle for european bottle-thread.

Regards Batkiter
What is the pitch of european bottle thread???
Sorry for my late answer! European bottle thread is metric thread diameter 27mm x 3mm pitch.

Regards Batkiter
Thanks for the info. It seems very close to the bottles we have in the USA. There probably is a standard in place for that across many countries.


Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison

User avatar
Spartan117
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: Crushed sleeve stager for unrestricted nozzle.

Post by Spartan117 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:34 pm

I never heard of european or USA or any other special versions of Tornado tubes, so aren't the threads on all bottles universal?



Post Reply