Water rocket bazooka!

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
PTrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Water rocket bazooka!

Post by PTrockets »

Here's my water rocket bazooka. It's very simple. Watch the video.
I hope you enjoyed. :D
[youtube][/youtube]
Attachments
DSCF3659.JPG
DSCF3659.JPG (131.31 KiB) Viewed 83 times
DSCF3656.JPG
DSCF3656.JPG (140.33 KiB) Viewed 83 times
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Water rocket bazooka!

Post by bugwubber »

That looks like dangerous, rule breaking fun. You could modify that to be less dangerous by keeping the 1/2" pipe attached to the tube and not being launched with the bottle. Here's my rule breaking launcher. It's a pressure washer that uses compressed air and regular garden hose fed water. It is just about worthless as a pressure washer. Rated for 125psi. The swell in the pvc pipe usually holds rockets in place to about 65psi. The coupling is to convert it from CPVC size to PVC pipe.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (973.65 KiB) Viewed 75 times
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

He could use a piece of T-8 FTC in place of the PVC pipe. That would make it lighter and a lot safer and still have the extension for the fins.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Well now you're giving me ideas ;-)
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
PTrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by PTrockets »

bugwubber wrote:That looks like dangerous, rule breaking fun. You could modify that to be less dangerous by keeping the 1/2" pipe attached to the tube and not being launched with the bottle. Here's my rule breaking launcher. It's a pressure washer that uses compressed air and regular garden hose fed water. It is just about worthless as a pressure washer. Rated for 125psi. The swell in the pvc pipe usually holds rockets in place to about 65psi. The coupling is to convert it from CPVC size to PVC pipe.
Hi Bugwubber,
Nice bazooka... well, it looks more like a gun. It's really cool.
I've built another bazooka and it's even better. At first, I tried to create a replica of an RPG-7 (Rocket Propelled Grenade). But it was too heavy and fragile. Then I 'broke it all' until it stay only with essential parts. Just missing the bazooka painting and make some finishing touches to the rocket and it is ready.
Here is a photo of the RPG-7 Complete (before the dismounting).
Attachments
RPG7.JPG
RPG7.JPG (163.88 KiB) Viewed 60 times
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

PTrockets wrote:
bugwubber wrote:That looks like dangerous, rule breaking fun. You could modify that to be less dangerous by keeping the 1/2" pipe attached to the tube and not being launched with the bottle. Here's my rule breaking launcher. It's a pressure washer that uses compressed air and regular garden hose fed water. It is just about worthless as a pressure washer. Rated for 125psi. The swell in the pvc pipe usually holds rockets in place to about 65psi. The coupling is to convert it from CPVC size to PVC pipe.
Hi Bugwubber,
Nice bazooka... well, it looks more like a gun. It's really cool.
I've built another bazooka and it's even better. At first, I tried to create a replica of an RPG-7 (Rocket Propelled Grenade). But it was too heavy and fragile. Then I 'broke it all' until it stay only with essential parts. Just missing the bazooka painting and make some finishing touches to the rocket and it is ready.
Here is a photo of the RPG-7 Complete (before the dismounting).
That looks great! Do you get a face full of water on launch? My pipe/gun launcher tends to leave me pretty well soaked. Maybe time to add a plexiglass face shield complete with elevation marks?
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
PTrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by PTrockets »

Code: Select all

That looks great!  Do you get a face full of water on launch?  My pipe/gun launcher tends to leave me pretty well soaked.  Maybe time to add a plexiglass face shield complete with elevation marks?
Yes, I get soaked after the launch. I usually wear swimming pool glasses and a cloth on my head to don't get soaked.
The idea of the protection is very good. But I think the bazooka becomes 'ugly' with the protection.
When you told me in danger, you gave me an idea. You know those firecrackers that explode when you hit with a hammer? And if I put one of those on the tip of the 'missile'?! Don't worry, I don't shoot on anyone. Is just to shoot against walls.
Here's another photo.
Attachments
RPG.JPG
RPG.JPG (3.52 MiB) Viewed 49 times
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

PTrockets wrote:

Code: Select all

That looks great!  Do you get a face full of water on launch?  My pipe/gun launcher tends to leave me pretty well soaked.  Maybe time to add a plexiglass face shield complete with elevation marks?
Yes, I get soaked after the launch. I usually wear swimming pool glasses and a cloth on my head to don't get soaked.
The idea of the protection is very good. But I think the bazooka becomes 'ugly' with the protection.
When you told me in danger, you gave me an idea. You know those firecrackers that explode when you hit with a hammer? And if I put one of those on the tip of the 'missile'?! Don't worry, I don't shoot on anyone. Is just to shoot against walls.
Here's another photo.
At some point here, I'm going to try installing a ring of LEDs around the nozzle of the water bottle to light up the water as it sprays out. As far as adding the fireworks, LEOs tend to frown on "explosive tipped projectiles", so might want to tread lightly there. Personally, I have too many flamable things around me to attempt anything like that. My luck would involve missing a target and burning down the neighbor's house.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.