Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

LAUNCHER TRIGGER

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
boondocksjp
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

LAUNCHER TRIGGER

Post by boondocksjp » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:18 pm

Hello fellow ROCKET HEADS. I want to build a rocket launcher other than a cable release, or quick connect. I see pic's of a 3 finger gear puller set up. Anybody out there have some know how about this type of set up?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: LAUNCHER TRIGGER

Post by Mark Chen » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:18 pm

boondocksjp wrote:Hello fellow ROCKET HEADS. I want to build a rocket launcher other than a cable release, or quick connect. I see pic's of a 3 finger gear puller set up. Anybody out there have some know how about this type of set up?
I've heard of finger like launchers but I have never seen one up close. Did you make that one? It's sweet!

Mark Chen
Team Enterprise

boondocksjp
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by boondocksjp » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:03 am

no I seen this on one of the pages I found, I'd like to find out more about it.

Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:48 am

boondocksjp wrote:no I seen this on one of the pages I found, I'd like to find out more about it.
Can you do us a favor and post a link to the page where you found that one? I could not find it by searching google. The design is very nice and I would like to see more.

Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise

boondocksjp
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by boondocksjp » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:18 am

Here's the site Tim, let me know if you figure it out
http://hometown.aol.com/waterrocketguy/solauncher.html

Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:16 pm