Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

How to connect a valve?

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Angelo

How to connect a valve?

Post by Angelo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:00 am

Hi everybody! I'm trying to extend my launcher with a hose. The problem is that the valve's diameter is bigger than the hose's. :( Do you have any ideas how to connect them? Thanks

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: How to connect a valve?

Post by bugwubber » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:04 pm

Hello!

Do you have a picture of your components or a precise description?

~ Bugwubber

edit- Down below the text box editor is an "upload file" section for attaching photos

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

Angelo

Post by Angelo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Hello!

I have a rubber hose (outer diameter cca. 1 cm, slightly smaller inner d.) and a tire valve which shown in the picture, I want to connect it with the "inner" part of it to the hose (left in the picture)
Picture (my pc crashed when I tried to upload it here) : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1_t8Hb ... sp=sharing

Angelo

Angelo

Post by Angelo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Hello!

I have a rubber hose (outer diameter cca. 1 cm, slightly smaller inner d.) and a tire valve which shown in the picture, I want to connect it with the "inner" part of it to the hose (left in the picture)
Picture (my pc crashed when I tried to upload it here) : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1_t8Hb ... sp=sharing

Angelo

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Ok think I've got it. Don't know about parts availability for you but this is what I would do...

Hose to barb x 1/2"male npt adapter (check the inside diameter of the hose and get the matching sized barb, hose clamp goes over the hose and barb)

to 1/2" threaded PVC extender

to 1/2" female threaded endcap.

Drill hole in the endcap to insert your tire valve.

I think if you went directly from barbed/threaded adapter to endcap, there might not be enough clearance for the tire valve.

~Bugwubber

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:46 pm

actually, I just checked my threaded endcap with a brass screw in adapter, you don't need the pvc extender. Just the barbed adapter and endcap.

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.

Angelo

Post by Angelo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Thank you very much, I will try this method