Internal Grip Launchtube

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Blenderite
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Internal Grip Launchtube

Post by Blenderite »

Actually, it was lead free solder. Personally I am not a fan of inhaling lead fumes. And I don't have a good way to ventilate my room well so, lead free it is.
-Blenderite

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Blenderite

"Get it right, then go for GREATNESS!"
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

I have that same issue. Except mine is resolved. Your need an internal launch right. Well I used heavy latex balloons, cut a small hole in the end, insert it in nozzle put balloon nozzle on pump and fill it up. Stop pumping and away she goes! :idea:
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:I have that same issue. Except mine is resolved. Your need an internal launch right. Well I used heavy latex balloons, cut a small hole in the end, insert it in nozzle put balloon nozzle on pump and fill it up. Stop pumping and away she goes! :idea:
That sounds a little bit like that way that the launcher from Anti Gravity Research works. Only they use a small rubber nipple and a small diameter hole in their bottle cap. The principle sounds the same.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Hey I know this might be a bit, but if you know anything about Anti gravity's staging can you clear me up on it. If you have pics that would be great. Also, what glue can I use to splice bottles. I have been using JB Weld Clear (3240 psi) and in cold weather the bottles blow apart at 50 psi. Maybe you could help me a bit. Also what king of altimer can I buy. Is the AltimeterOne good? :D
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Water Rocket Expert wrote:Hey I know this might be a bit, but if you know anything about Anti gravity's staging can you clear me up on it. If you have pics that would be great. Also, what glue can I use to splice bottles. I have been using JB Weld Clear (3240 psi) and in cold weather the bottles blow apart at 50 psi. Maybe you could help me a bit. Also what king of altimer can I buy. Is the AltimeterOne good? :D
You should use PL Premium Construction Adhesive.

Complete instructions for splicing bottles can be seen here:

http://www.uswaterrockets.com/construct ... torial.htm
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison