Page 1 of 1

Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:48 pm
by mahboob
Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher for advance water Rocket

Re: Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:12 pm
by U.S. Water Rockets
mahboob wrote:Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher for advance water Rocket
Does it fire both rockets at the same time so you can have a race to the top?

Re: Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:04 pm
by RaketfuedRockets
That looks cool!
You should definitely try to launch two water rockets nearly at the same time, so that one rocket can film the launch of the other rocket from the air.

Re: Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:22 pm
by Water Rocket Expert
What kind of table was used? It looks like a standard kitchen, "island."

Re: Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:41 pm
by bugwubber
Gotta love the multi rocket launchers. My launcher releases them all at the same instant because they are all held in place by one steel bar that pivots out of the way. What is fascinating is how just changing the weight or amount of water has a large impact on acceleration as seen in below. For individual pull multi launchers, it is important to isolate the air line on each tube or a slight delay will vent all the pressure from one rocket. My launcher is normally left in the open position at each tube so there is no isolation but because they launch together, I rarely have problems with mislaunches. Those are normally caused by dirt getting in the rocket nozzle or launch tube.
DSC09880.jpg

Re: Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:50 pm
by mahboob
Once a launcher I have made same like your design. and control with pneumatic control and air pressure control with FRL device. also use with DRO for reading flight simulation with my special designed radar system every rocket data like achieve hight, flight duration quickly on my computer screen I upload pics very soon.

Re: Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:09 am
by bugwubber
mahboob wrote:Once a launcher I have made same like your design. and control with pneumatic control and air pressure control with FRL device. also use with DRO for reading flight simulation with my special designed radar system every rocket data like achieve hight, flight duration quickly on my computer screen I upload pics very soon.
Oh I'd love to see that!

Re: Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:48 am
by U.S. Water Rockets
bugwubber wrote:Gotta love the multi rocket launchers. My launcher releases them all at the same instant because they are all held in place by one steel bar that pivots out of the way. What is fascinating is how just changing the weight or amount of water has a large impact on acceleration as seen in below. For individual pull multi launchers, it is important to isolate the air line on each tube or a slight delay will vent all the pressure from one rocket. My launcher is normally left in the open position at each tube so there is no isolation but because they launch together, I rarely have problems with mislaunches. Those are normally caused by dirt getting in the rocket nozzle or launch tube.
DSC09880.jpg
We developed a system to allow the staggered launch of multiple rockets. We inverted our one-way valve in each launch tube and use a slow fill rate when pressurizing. The slow fill does not produce enough pressure differential to activate the one way valve, so the rockets all fill normally. When launched, the one way valve in each launch tube will activate and prevent the pressure from escaping through any launched rockets launch tube.

Re: Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:44 pm
by bugwubber
U.S. Water Rockets wrote:
bugwubber wrote:Gotta love the multi rocket launchers. My launcher releases them all at the same instant because they are all held in place by one steel bar that pivots out of the way. What is fascinating is how just changing the weight or amount of water has a large impact on acceleration as seen in below. For individual pull multi launchers, it is important to isolate the air line on each tube or a slight delay will vent all the pressure from one rocket. My launcher is normally left in the open position at each tube so there is no isolation but because they launch together, I rarely have problems with mislaunches. Those are normally caused by dirt getting in the rocket nozzle or launch tube.
We developed a system to allow the staggered launch of multiple rockets. We inverted our one-way valve in each launch tube and use a slow fill rate when pressurizing. The slow fill does not produce enough pressure differential to activate the one way valve, so the rockets all fill normally. When launched, the one way valve in each launch tube will activate and prevent the pressure from escaping through any launched rockets launch tube.
Interesting, so installed that way, it doesn't prevent emergency venting. Would you fill water through the line too or just air?

Re: Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:11 am
by U.S. Water Rockets
bugwubber wrote:
U.S. Water Rockets wrote:
bugwubber wrote:Gotta love the multi rocket launchers. My launcher releases them all at the same instant because they are all held in place by one steel bar that pivots out of the way. What is fascinating is how just changing the weight or amount of water has a large impact on acceleration as seen in below. For individual pull multi launchers, it is important to isolate the air line on each tube or a slight delay will vent all the pressure from one rocket. My launcher is normally left in the open position at each tube so there is no isolation but because they launch together, I rarely have problems with mislaunches. Those are normally caused by dirt getting in the rocket nozzle or launch tube.
We developed a system to allow the staggered launch of multiple rockets. We inverted our one-way valve in each launch tube and use a slow fill rate when pressurizing. The slow fill does not produce enough pressure differential to activate the one way valve, so the rockets all fill normally. When launched, the one way valve in each launch tube will activate and prevent the pressure from escaping through any launched rockets launch tube.
Interesting, so installed that way, it doesn't prevent emergency venting. Would you fill water through the line too or just air?
All of our 1-way valves have a USWR invention we call the "safety bypass bleed". It takes different forms depending on the design of the one way valve. The simplest form is one or more narrow grooves cut into the valve seat that prevents a 100% perfect seal. This allows the pressure to leak out slowly if the system must be depressurized for safety reasons. If the valve is part of a multiple stage rocket, the valve does leak but in the 5 or 10 seconds it needs to prevent air escaping during flight, the amount of pressure leaked is negligible. Well worth it to have the safety pressure drain feature it provides.

So even in the inverted position, the feature will allow the rockets to pressurize, albeit slowly.

Re: Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:28 pm
by China_WaterRocket
RaketfuedRockets wrote:That looks cool!
You should definitely try to launch two water rockets nearly at the same time, so that one rocket can film the launch of the other rocket from the air.

Good idea

Re: Twin barrel Water Rocket Launcher

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:29 pm
by China_WaterRocket