Suggestions for High Pressure Equipment?

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
skysaber89
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Suggestions for High Pressure Equipment?

Post by skysaber89 »

Hello everybody

I asked a similar question to this last year sometime, but I did not get but one or two responses. The responses I did get were somewhat sketchy in their suggestions, as well. So here I am back at the best repository for anything water rocket related with a question I must pose.

This is for the more advanced teams/builders on here. My team and I were planning to design and build a high pressure rocket, one that could be used up to 300 psi or more. My question for you guys is this: what suggestions would you have for achieving these high pressures? What kind of equipment would be suggested so that we may undertake this massive project? My current setup is capable of (max) 200 psi, and it gets kind of iffy when we get around that area. We usually launch with, at most, 150 psi. I know I will need to get some higher pressure hoses, but what kind of compressor setup could I use? We don't have several thousand dollars to spend on crazy scuba compressors, so we would be fine with air tanks as well.

Along with your suggestions, what kind of price range would we be talking here?

The JARL Division thanks you for any help you can give us.
addstogether
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Suggestions for High Pressure Equipment?

Post by addstogether »

Hi,

If your thinking of using scuba tanks then take a look at Air Command http://www.aircommandrockets.com/scuba.htm

He has great detal on setup etc. His high pressure rocket was 750psi I think or somewhere around there.

He also has step by step how he made his rocket

Regards

Al
addstogether
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by addstogether »

addstogether
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by addstogether »

When I post this it auto changes it just go to air command / scuba.htm
Blenderite
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Blenderite »

Here it is: http://www.aircommandrockets.com/scuba.htm

For some reason it removed the scuba for me too. I had to use the BBCode . Weird, but what ever.
-Blenderite

Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Blenderite

"Get it right, then go for GREATNESS!"
China_WaterRocket
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by China_WaterRocket »

Expensive equipment, not ordinary people can use.
I come from China, do not understand English, your information I use the translation software to view. I like water rockets, technology is the same, I hope we can become friends.