Can be used a washer pressure as a compressor ?

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Azriel
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Can be used a washer pressure as a compressor ?

Post by Azriel »

Another thought to consider, you can pressurize the rocket and "volume" container before using the pressure washer to force-pressurize the rocket. That way, instead of starting with a standard 1atm pressure in the rocket and container, you can start out with 50psi in a 3 liter "ftc" rocket with a 10-30 liter container will give you 200-500psi final pressure in the rocket and container. The only challenge I see is scaling the pressure increase so as to curtail the temperature increase, either that or using excessively large containers to control the rate of compression.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Can be used a washer pressure as a compressor ?

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

DogLover wrote:This sounds quite interesting. If I can ever get my hands on a pressure washer I might try this. Something to think about!!!

-DogLover
If you can find a big enough volume for air to displace it will work. It seems like the volume will be hard to get.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison