Gardenia Launch Tubes

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Gardenia Launch Tubes

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I think Batkiter has a lathe and makes all his own parts from stock materials. I wish I could afford a lathe and then had time to learn how to make these things. Can a person even learn this one their own or do they have to go to a school to learn how to use a lathe?
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Batkiter

Post by Batkiter »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I think Batkiter has a lathe and makes all his own parts from stock materials. I wish I could afford a lathe and then had time to learn how to make these things. Can a person even learn this one their own or do they have to go to a school to learn how to use a lathe?
Hi spaceman!

Everybody can learn these profession. If you had a "hand" for cuttingtechnic and sence for these. I am a turningmaster/teacher and i can teach you. I àm in the states in September for 4 weeks. Are you interestet?

Regards Batkiter
xenon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Gardena Launch Tubes

Post by xenon »

Batkiter wrote:
xenon wrote:How does the copper pipe attach to the white piece? How do you stop it from leaking there?
Hi Xenon!

The "withe piece" is a special part of nozzle, made by Batkiter. Longversion, with malehead from Gardena-Profi.
These nozzle is exactly 0,02mm bigger than the outside diameter from the pipe. 15,02mm. Therefor: no space for leaking!
It works perfekt!

Regards Batkiter
Thanks for the explanation Batkiter. That is really an advanced design.. I appreciate all the help and suggestions that people give me here.
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Batkiter wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I think Batkiter has a lathe and makes all his own parts from stock materials. I wish I could afford a lathe and then had time to learn how to make these things. Can a person even learn this one their own or do they have to go to a school to learn how to use a lathe?
Hi spaceman!

Everybody can learn these profession. If you had a "hand" for cuttingtechnic and sence for these. I am a turningmaster/teacher and i can teach you. I àm in the states in September for 4 weeks. Are you interestet?

Regards Batkiter
Really??? I would love to learn! I would really appreciate that for sure!

A few questions:
Where are you going to be staying?
Should I start looking for a lathe now so I have one by then? I would like to get a used one in place of a brand new one so that I can save some money. Can you tell me what is the most important features to look for when shopping?

THANK YOU!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Batkiter

Post by Batkiter »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Batkiter wrote:
Hi spaceman!

Regards Batkiter
Really??? I would love to learn! I would really appreciate that for sure!

A few questions:
Where are you going to be staying?
Should I start looking for a lathe now so I have one by then? I would like to get a used one in place of a brand new one so that I can save some money. Can you tell me what is the most important features to look for when shopping?

THANK YOU!
I will stay in Oregon for few weeks. It`s far from you? Anyway, i can tell you, what the most importend things are, if you want to buy a lathe.

Batkiter