Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

The largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

Filling

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Batkiter

Filling

Post by Batkiter » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:50 pm

Hallo Rocketeers!

A possible variant to refuelling of water rockets is operational. I was it suffering to always put my Roc `to s on `s cross in order to fill in H2O. I use one doubles working pump added and can the rocket in initial position now refuel. A hose end is put into the water the available, the other end by connectors into the clutch for the air refueling rests. A stroke of the pump carries 0.7 litres of H2O by the inflating tube from downside into the rocket. The inserted check valve in the connector prevents a running out of the water when unlocking the hose. Then the air hose comes into the same clutch, fills and lift off!

Regards Batkiter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Filling

Post by Tim Chen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:55 pm

I've never seen it done that way before. Very nice!

Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise

pink13penguin
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by pink13penguin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:49 am

Very impressive! :D

"If space is truly infinite, then there is infinite possibility - Tom DeLonge".

Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:51 pm

pink13penguin wrote:Very impressive! :D
There you go and bring up this old topic and I see the photos of that launcher and I get jealous again! I wish I could make something that sophisticated!

Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise

Bonami
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bonami » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:21 am

Hi Batkiter! I was looking at the pictures again and noticed that you use welded aluminum for your launcher struts. I am very impressed with your welds! I have tried to weld aluminum before and I have ruined a lot of stock and never got the skill mastered. I just wanted to let you know that I am really impressed with your welding. Is there anything you cannot do?