Filling

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Batkiter

Filling

Post by Batkiter »

Hallo Rocketeers!

A possible variant to refuelling of water rockets is operational. I was it suffering to always put my Roc `to s on `s cross in order to fill in H2O. I use one doubles working pump added and can the rocket in initial position now refuel. A hose end is put into the water the available, the other end by connectors into the clutch for the air refueling rests. A stroke of the pump carries 0.7 litres of H2O by the inflating tube from downside into the rocket. The inserted check valve in the connector prevents a running out of the water when unlocking the hose. Then the air hose comes into the same clutch, fills and lift off!

Regards Batkiter
Attachments
raketen_432.jpg
raketen_432.jpg (72.84 KiB) Viewed 185 times
raketen_429.jpg
raketen_429.jpg (98.02 KiB) Viewed 185 times
raketen_671.jpg
raketen_671.jpg (119.75 KiB) Viewed 186 times
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Filling

Post by Tim Chen »

I've never seen it done that way before. Very nice!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
pink13penguin
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by pink13penguin »

Very impressive! :D
"If space is truly infinite, then there is infinite possibility - Tom DeLonge".
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

pink13penguin wrote:Very impressive! :D
There you go and bring up this old topic and I see the photos of that launcher and I get jealous again! I wish I could make something that sophisticated!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Bonami
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bonami »

Hi Batkiter! I was looking at the pictures again and noticed that you use welded aluminum for your launcher struts. I am very impressed with your welds! I have tried to weld aluminum before and I have ruined a lot of stock and never got the skill mastered. I just wanted to let you know that I am really impressed with your welding. Is there anything you cannot do?