What are the booster fill tubes?

Discussion about Compressors, hose, pipes, fittings, launchers, release mechanisms, and launch tubes.
Chonchielopez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

What are the booster fill tubes?

Post by Chonchielopez »

Fellow rocket enthusiasts I am relatively new to water rockets and was wondering if you guys could give me some help. I have a question about the booster fill tubes on the cluster launcher. I was wondering if you could give me the name of the part and were I could find it.
Attachments
I would like to know what the names of the three tubes are.
Day56_water_rocket_06_s.jpg (47.26 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Launchers are hard to make
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: What are the booster fill tubes?

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Chonchielopez wrote:Fellow rocket enthusiasts I am relatively new to water rockets and was wondering if you guys could give me some help. I have a question about the booster fill tubes on the cluster launcher. I was wondering if you could give me the name of the part and were I could find it.
That doesn't look like a standard component. It appears to be hand fabricated and not a mass produced part. You could probably make your own similar design from local pipe material. You could also probably get someone to make something similar if you ask around. Fellow forum member "Batkiter" makes various parts that are indistinguishable from manufactured pieces. Maybe you can send him a PM and see if he can give you some advice on this kind of launcher design? He's super helpful and a great guy.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Chonchielopez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Chonchielopez »

Could there be such a substution for this part or something like it to launch simultanious rockets?
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

there called launch tubes. they act as a piston to increase the power of the rocket. in multi-engine water rocket launchers there usefull for getting above the water line and stopping uneven water distrobution. without them water may be pushed unevenly into other engines, more air in 1, more water in the other. you just need to extend the launchers up.
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
Chonchielopez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Chonchielopez »

I know what the tubes are I am wondering what the metal part that the tubes are attached to.
rockets-in-brighton

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

Chonchielopez wrote:I know what the tubes are I am wondering what the metal part that the tubes are attached to.
Oops, I posted this on completely the wrong thread. I can't tell if you just found the photo out of context, but this is the article that the photo is taken from, together with a description of the design and operation:

I'm sure George would be happy to answer any questions you might have, just email him (his contact details are available on the same site, the link is at the bottom of the left-hand main menu).
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

rockets-in-brighton wrote:
Chonchielopez wrote:I know what the tubes are I am wondering what the metal part that the tubes are attached to.
Oops, I posted this on completely the wrong thread. I can't tell if you just found the photo out of context, but this is the article that the photo is taken from, together with a description of the design and operation:

I'm sure George would be happy to answer any questions you might have, just email him (his contact details are available on the same site, the link is at the bottom of the left-hand main menu).
How about asking George your questions right here? That way anyone else who might be wondering the same thing would be able to see the conversation and learn from it as well. The whole raison d'etre for the Water Rocket Forum is to teach and share knowledge with everybody.
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
theomml

Post by theomml »

where i can find a tutorial for a lancher like this one? thanks
danb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by danb »

This is my attempt at making a booster launcher this is for my latest rocket Delta 2 i only have 2 boosters to the standard 3 i have managed to make the launcher out of plumbing supplies for the fill tubes i used 6mm aluminium tubing epoxied into the female gardena connector it is still work in progress no pressure tests have been carried out yet so this idea may never work but it is an idea. Hope this helps
Dan B
Attachments
2011 07 04_0291.jpg
2011 07 04_0291.jpg (199.5 KiB) Viewed 57 times
2011 07 04_0290.jpg
2011 07 04_0290.jpg (404.79 KiB) Viewed 57 times