Water Rocket Dragster rules questions

This forum is for non-members to ask questions about our competitions. Please check our FAQ page before you ask.
Afrom1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Water Rocket Dragster rules questions

Post by Afrom1 »

hey so I am looking to build a Water Rocket Dragster to try and break the speed record. and I got a few questions about the rules what is meant by RC control mechanisms. do this mean that I can take the front suspension from an rc car an mod it to be part of the Dragstesr front suspension and steering ore that it is allowed to get individual part from fx hobby king ore similar to make the suspension and steering. and is it possible to only submit for speed record and not the distans record? and is there any sise ore weight limitation is currently looking at a 2m long and 110mm diameter, pressure chamber with roughly 19l volume.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Water Rocket Dragster rules questions

Post by WRA2 »

Afrom1 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:54 pm hey so I am looking to build a Water Rocket Dragster to try and break the speed record. and I got a few questions about the rules what is meant by RC control mechanisms. do this mean that I can take the front suspension from an rc car an mod it to be part of the Dragstesr front suspension and steering ore that it is allowed to get individual part from fx hobby king ore similar to make the suspension and steering. and is it possible to only submit for speed record and not the distans record? and is there any sise ore weight limitation is currently looking at a 2m long and 110mm diameter, pressure chamber with roughly 19l volume.
Any RC mechanism would be any of component from a commercially produced RC car (electronics, steering gear/mechanisms, etc) would not be allowed. However individual components such as a servo motor would be allowed.

You may participate in either class or both if you choose. The records are separate.

Good Luck! PH:
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2: