Simultaneous Launch Record

This forum is for non-members to ask questions about our competitions. Please check our FAQ page before you ask.
Tony
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Simultaneous Launch Record

Post by Tony »

Where'd the EDIT POST option go?
"Houston, we've had a problem..."
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Tony wrote:Where'd the EDIT POST option go?
Editing is disabled for everyone in the Q & A and record submission forums. We didn't want people changing the questions after the answer was provided or changing the their submission after it was validated. You should be able to edit in the other forums.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Tony wrote:So if I were to set up a manual launch system that held 500 rockets, and they all worked, would I hold this record all by myself?
No according to their rules, SC: they are counting the number of people each launching one rocket. BO:
Lisa Walker,
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

And except for the fact that they told me the current record holder is the 693 from that school in China. I noticed they also added a new category for most launched in 24hrs. They're just making this stuff up as it comes in I guess.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

bugwubber wrote:And except for the fact that they told me the current record holder is the 693 from that school in China. I noticed they also added a new category for most launched in 24hrs. They're just making this stuff up as it comes in I guess.
Since water rocketry is probably low on their priority list, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply "rubber stamped" the most recent entry. :hopeless:
Lisa Walker,
Tony
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tony »

WRA2 wrote:
Tony wrote:Where'd the EDIT POST option go?
Editing is disabled for everyone in the Q & A and record submission forums. We didn't want people changing the questions after the answer was provided or changing the their submission after it was validated. You should be able to edit in the other forums.

Whew!! That's a relief.
"Houston, we've had a problem..."
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

bugwubber wrote: So here's the $100 question- how do you verify rockets simultaneously in the air? If they all have parachutes, the launch window could be much larger than 5sec.
You would need a couple of good HD camera videos of the launch. If you did them all with a mega launcher, it would be easy to see how many launched and how many got stuck on the launcher or launched late and even subtract out ones that didn't fly right and crashed right away.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison