WRA2 Design and Fabrication Contest

This forum is for non-members to ask questions about our competitions. Please check our FAQ page before you ask.
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

WRA2 Design and Fabrication Contest

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Is there any update on this competition? Can anyone tell us what it's going to be about and what it's going to require?
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
WRA2 Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WRA2 Design and Fabrication Contest

Post by WRA2 Admin »

Hi Spaceman! We're currently forumlating the specific rules for the contest. We have big plans for the competition. We may even change the name to something like the "Water Rocket Innovation Challenge". The concept is simply to have members enter their innovative ideas into the competition and after a set date we will put the ideas up to the members to vote for their favorites. The winners will be announced after a voting period elapses. Just about any kind of idea or technique will qualify for an entry. If you make a new deploy system or improve an existing one, you can enter it. If you build a scale water rocket model of the Space Shuttle, that would qualify as well. If you host an event promoting water rockets and get children interested, that would qualify. We're going to require you sumbit a short essay describing your submission and any photos or videos or drawings you wish to present. Anything you've done that promotes Water Rockets can be entered! We hope this gives you some ideas to work with.
David Walker
Administrator
The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association
dwrrule
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dwrrule »

COOOOOOOOOOOOL i like this idea AWSOME!!!!!!
Bellarossa
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bellarossa »

This is very good news! Thank you guys!
_ .~'''~._ .~' Dom '~._ .~''~._
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

WRA2 Admin wrote:Hi Spaceman! We're currently forumlating the specific rules for the contest. We have big plans for the competition. We may even change the name to something like the "Water Rocket Innovation Challenge". The concept is simply to have members enter their innovative ideas into the competition and after a set date we will put the ideas up to the members to vote for their favorites. The winners will be announced after a voting period elapses. Just about any kind of idea or technique will qualify for an entry. If you make a new deploy system or improve an existing one, you can enter it. If you build a scale water rocket model of the Space Shuttle, that would qualify as well. If you host an event promoting water rockets and get children interested, that would qualify. We're going to require you sumbit a short essay describing your submission and any photos or videos or drawings you wish to present. Anything you've done that promotes Water Rockets can be entered! We hope this gives you some ideas to work with.
Thanks for the update! This sounds GREAT!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

We should make a class where people shoot off their rockets for distance. That way all the rocket poseurs will blindly fire off their rockets at 45 degrees and I'll beat them soundly by firing off at 42 degrees. Only the real rocket scientists will know why I win every time! :lol:
Bill W.
Team Seneca
xenon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by xenon »

Team Seneca wrote:We should make a class where people shoot off their rockets for distance. That way all the rocket poseurs will blindly fire off their rockets at 45 degrees and I'll beat them soundly by firing off at 42 degrees. Only the real rocket scientists will know why I win every time! :lol:
Wouldn't people just use a simulator to figure out the propor angle to get the most distance? Seems like a no brainer to me. How would you recover the rocket safely so that it could be flown again?
Team Seneca
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Team Seneca »

xenon wrote:
Team Seneca wrote:We should make a class where people shoot off their rockets for distance. That way all the rocket poseurs will blindly fire off their rockets at 45 degrees and I'll beat them soundly by firing off at 42 degrees. Only the real rocket scientists will know why I win every time! :lol:
Wouldn't people just use a simulator to figure out the propor angle to get the most distance? Seems like a no brainer to me. How would you recover the rocket safely so that it could be flown again?
Duh! You're right! How could I have been so stupid. I must have had a brain-lapse or something!
Bill W.
Team Seneca
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

xenon wrote:
im working on a recovery system for things just like that.
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

this contest would be great.
r there going to be more of these contest because i have too many ideas to get out at once.
Ascender Water Rockets
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Brian wrote:this contest would be great.
r there going to be more of these contest because i have too many ideas to get out at once.
Did you mean you have a bunch of ideas that you want to enter in the contest or did you have some suggestions for the contest? We are still taking suggestions for what the contest goal should be.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Brian »

WRA2 wrote:
Brian wrote:this contest would be great.
Did you mean you have a bunch of ideas that you want to enter in the contest or did you have some suggestions for the contest? We are still taking suggestions for what the contest goal should be.
i was asking if there are going to be more of these contest because i dont think i can finnish all my ideas in time for the contest but i could for the next.
oh yeah, can you enter more than once.
Ascender Water Rockets