Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum, sponsored by The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association.

Since our founding in 2003, we've become the largest, most sophisticated and ground breaking group supporting you, the serious water rocket flyer! Whether you are a beginner or an expert, the WRA2 has something for everyone.

A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel (the engine of the rocket) is constructed from thin plastic or other non metallic materials (usually a used plastic soft drink bottle) weighing 1,500 grams or less. The water is forced out by compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion.

:WRA2: Newest WRA2 members: :WRA2:

Berger Tomáš from Litomyšl, Czech Republic,
Blackhawk from Morrow, USA,
Anachronist from Mountain View, CA, USA,
Alfonso Gomez Paiva from São Paulo, Brasil,
and Rufus01 from Minneapolis, USA

Altimeter Alternatives

This forum is for non-members to ask questions about our competitions. Please check our FAQ page before you ask.
Alien Space Agency
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Altimeter Alternatives

Postby Alien Space Agency » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:00 am

Do you allow 4 peak altitude altimeters in one rocket? The readings of the 4 altimeters will be estimated to get the average altitude. Then the readings will have +-10 ft margin of error. Or how about one PA altimeter and another logging altimeter? And will be estimated as well. And how about manual calculation?

I asked these questions because my country does not have any available altimeters in store. I do not want to buy online (too much hassle)

Cheers
Nothing can stop a curious mind from inventing- Anonymous

Return to “WRA2 competition rules Q & A”