Rules Question

This forum is for non-members to ask questions about our competitions. Please check our FAQ page before you ask.
Mac

Rules Question

Post by Mac »

Our team would like to use CO2 as the compressed air source for a number of reasons, safety being one of them, but wonder if it is prohibited under the rules.

I cannot find a specific prohibition to the use of carbon dioxide. The rules appear to say only that the gas must be "atmospheric". CO2 is an atmospheric gas but do the rules mean that the gas must only be compressed air?

Mac
RaZias
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Rules Question

Post by RaZias »

Mac wrote:Our team would like to use CO2 as the compressed air source for a number of reasons, safety being one of them, but wonder if it is prohibited under the rules.

I cannot find a specific prohibition to the use of carbon dioxide. The rules appear to say only that the gas must be "atmospheric". CO2 is an atmospheric gas but do the rules mean that the gas must only be compressed air?

Mac
First it avoids the use of gas tanks (I think CO2 is stored like the O2 in scuba tanks) that are dangerous.
That way it´s only admited air from compressors (not scuba tanks) in WR competition.

Second CO2 is in a phased-state, it means that´s partial liquid and partial gasous, so when the gas is ejected and reduces the pressure therefore the liquid may turn to gas and starts to be ejected also.

Since there is CO2 liquid there it´s no longer a water-rocket but a water+C02 liquid rocket.
And this is a competition for water-rocket only.

NO ROCKET DOPING LOL
Research and Development is the soul of WR
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rules Question

Post by WRA2 »

RaZias wrote:
Mac wrote:Our team would like to use CO2 as the compressed air source for a number of reasons, safety being one of them, but wonder if it is prohibited under the rules.

Mac
First it avoids the use of gas tanks (I think CO2 is stored like the O2 in scuba tanks) that are dangerous.
That way it´s only admited air from compressors (not scuba tanks) in WR competition.

Second CO2 is in a phased-state, it means that´s partial liquid and partial gasous, so when the gas is ejected and reduces the pressure therefore the liquid may turn to gas and starts to be ejected also.

Since there is CO2 liquid there it´s no longer a water-rocket but a water+C02 liquid rocket.
And this is a competition for water-rocket only.

NO ROCKET DOPING LOL
Compressed air in tanks is allowed under the current competition rules.

http://www.wra2.org/WRA2_Class_A_Rules.php

See section II for the special rules regarding bottled air.
RaZias wrote:NO ROCKET DOPING LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2: