The WRA2 Design and fabrication contest discussion thread.

This forum is for non-members to ask questions about our competitions. Please check our FAQ page before you ask.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

The WRA2 Design and fabrication contest discussion thread.

Post by WRA2 »

Make your suggestions for the WRA2 design and fabrication contest. How do we pick a winner? Do we have a vote on this forum? Is there any designs that are not allowed (bottled gas systems with modified/removed safety equipment such as pressure regulators)?
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

I think that there should be a couple of different sub-categories, like:

1. Best Looking Rocket
2. Deployment Device
3. Launcher Design
4. Unique Design
Ect.

Online voting sounds like the best way to do it. I think the rules should still be applied to the competition. Removing regulators and such can cause problems for people who don't know what they are doing.
-Team Parental Advisory

Shameless commercial plug...... http://teamparentaladvisory.googlepages.com
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Drag_Racer408a wrote:I think that there should be a couple of different sub-categories, like:

1. Best Looking Rocket
2. Deployment Device
3. Launcher Design
4. Unique Design
Ect.

Online voting sounds like the best way to do it. I think the rules should still be applied to the competition. Removing regulators and such can cause problems for people who don't know what they are doing.
I like the idea of a best looking rocket. There was this site I once saw where thsi guy made scale models of real rockets from balsa wood and put water rockets made from spliced bottles inside to fly them. They were gorgeous!

Something rewarding that kind of work would be really sweet.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

The winner of the competition should definitely be voted on in a poll in the competition forum.

We should let anyone enter any new ideas or improvements on existing designs or ideas.

Any original idea that is submitted we should allow the entrant to name and we can then adopt the names of each idea as the official terminology for that idea. Even if an idea doesn't win, the competitor will still take away the satisfaction of world name recognition.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Cloud Dancers
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Cloud Dancers »

Would we be able to enter our own altimeter design without having to submit detailed technical drwwings (We don't want any copy cats if we decide to market it)?
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

Cloud Dancers wrote:Would we be able to enter our own altimeter design without having to submit detailed technical drwwings (We don't want any copy cats if we decide to market it)?
I imagine you can enter as much or as little information about your idea as you'd like, but since the competition is intended to inspire people to share their work with others, it might not get a high score. In fact, I suggest a vote that scores each entry in different categories, like innovation, usefulness, aesthetics, and reproducability by others. Average the scores from all the categories to get a final score for an entry!
Rick C.
The Mooseheads