How's Everyone Coming?

This forum is for non-members to ask questions about our competitions. Please check our FAQ page before you ask.
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

How's Everyone Coming?

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

I remember back about 2 months ago lots of people including myself were all like, "Yeah i am goin out the first week and going for it".

I found out meself that it is definentaly a lot harder than i first thought. all the little things that can go wrong seam like a lot.

I give tones of credit to USWR for getting 2,000 feet. While the rest of us are back here still trying to get ours to work!

So how is everyones entry comming? I know a couple people are doing pretty good and i haven't heard from people in a couple weeks so they must be tied up with getting everyhting sorted out.

I have attempted to launch once but my launcher malfunctioned and blew to bits. and it drastically reduced the height. Si i have just finish build a new one today.
-Team Parental Advisory

Shameless commercial plug...... http://teamparentaladvisory.googlepages.com
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: How's Everyone Comming?

Post by Tim Chen »

Drag_Racer408a wrote:I remember back about 2 months ago lots of people including myself were all like, "Yeah i am goin out the first week and going for it".

I found out meself that it is definentaly a lot harder than i first thought. all the little things that can go wrong seam like a lot.

I give tones of credit to USWR for getting 2,000 feet. While the rest of us are back here still trying to get ours to work!

So how is everyones entry comming? I know a couple people are doing pretty good and i haven't heard from people in a couple weeks so they must be tied up with getting everyhting sorted out.

I have attempted to launch once but my launcher malfunctioned and blew to bits. and it drastically reduced the height. Si i have just finish build a new one today.
So far, we have made it up to 773 feet but this was without the camera. It goes a bit lower with the extra weight. We think we used the wrong size nozzle. The next one we're building now will be better and have more volume.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

Well you beating us with our 301 feet with our launcher malfunction. Now i am really jelous and i want to go launch right now!
-Team Parental Advisory

Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Drag_Racer408a wrote:Well you beating us with our 301 feet with our launcher malfunction. Now i am really jelous and i want to go launch right now!
I worked out my camera and deploy servo with the help of my buddy and now that I'm confident that works well, I am learning how to do reinforcing. I have not made a launch attempt yet. You guys are a little ahead of me! I have had a lot of other things I want to do this summer. You know how that goes!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
rockets42
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by rockets42 »

will anyone be ready to submit by the deadline?
1KorBust
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by 1KorBust »

It's going to be close. I broke my wrist skateboarding and just got the cast removed and that set me back.
Go Big or Go Home!
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Mark and I were going to go for it this weekend but the forecast predicted no wind and we had a strong breeze and decided to wait. I thought Dragracer was going to win for sure when we crashed on our last attempt. He's been awfully quiet recently. He must be hard at work.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

Dragracer was on the MSN Waterrocket group the other day and said the weather was too cold for him to launch, so he's still around. He's just hibernating! :P
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
Drag_Racer408a
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Drag_Racer408a »

Yeah it pretty cold over here. My priorities have changed over the last month and i haven't got back around to doing my favorite hobby. This winter i am going to dink around with the rocket a ton. I wish i could launch. I don't think we could have reached 1000 feet but close. I still have everything for the rocket and i plan to pick back up where i left off this spring. I hope nobody takes the 1000 foot title this year cause if nobody does then next year if they have one it will be really tight from the start.

Tim, i remember you saying that you got like 773 feet earlier. Any improvements? Wish anyone the best of luck that is still in the competition this year.

Yup im in hibernation alright! :D
-Team Parental Advisory

Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Drag_Racer408a wrote:Yeah it pretty cold over here. My priorities have changed over the last month and i haven't got back around to doing my favorite hobby. This winter i am going to dink around with the rocket a ton. I wish i could launch. I don't think we could have reached 1000 feet but close. I still have everything for the rocket and i plan to pick back up where i left off this spring. I hope nobody takes the 1000 foot title this year cause if nobody does then next year if they have one it will be really tight from the start.

Tim, i remember you saying that you got like 773 feet earlier. Any improvements? Wish anyone the best of luck that is still in the competition this year.

Yup im in hibernation alright! :D
Hey Dragracer! Welcome back!!!

Sorry you won't be launching for a while. I wish I had more time myself so I could take that challenge. I hope they keep having the contest next year. I will definitely take the things I learned this summer and apply them to new rockets in the cold months when I am cooped up inside.
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"