New Competition Class Poll

This forum is for non-members to ask questions about our competitions. Please check our FAQ page before you ask.

Should air pressure and mass in the new competition class be limited to

Poll ended at Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:02 am

300 psi and 1000g (originally proposed)
14%
250 psi and 1000g
2%
200 psi and 1000g
19%
300 psi and 1500g
2%
250 psi and 1500g
2%
200 psi and 1500g (currently in the rule draft)
60%

Total votes: 42
The Sky Dart
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

New Competition Class Poll

Post by The Sky Dart »

Some time ago I proposed a new competition class. The topic is now in the WRA2 competition Q &A section ( New Competition Class) . My idea was to have a class with air pressure limited to 300psi and mass to 1000g.

However, along the way the original idea was changed and in my opinion now it doesn't look as good as it was initially proposed. The air pressure was downgraded to 200psi and the mass limit was increased to 1500g.

I'm posting this poll here to get better understanding what options are favoured by the community. Apart from the air pressure and mass questions there are other items I would probably poll later.

The poll gives you two options.
Cheers,
The Sky Dart

Re: New Competition Class Poll

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

The Sky Dart wrote:Some time ago I proposed a new competition class. The topic is now in the WRA2 competition Q &A section ( New Competition Class) . My idea was to have a class with air pressure limited to 300psi and mass to 1000g.

However, along the way the original idea was changed and in my opinion now it doesn't look as good as it was initially proposed. The air pressure was downgraded to 200psi and the mass limit was increased to 1500g.

I'm posting this poll here to get better understanding what options are favoured by the community. Apart from the air pressure and mass questions there are other items I would probably poll later.

Are you OK with non-WRA2 members voting on this? At the moment, (I think) anybody who is registered on the board can vote...
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton
The Sky Dart
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by The Sky Dart »

rockets-in-brighton wrote: Are you OK with non-WRA2 members voting on this? At the moment, (I think) anybody who is registered on the board can vote...
Yes. Why not?
Cheers,
The Sky Dart

Post by rockets-in-brighton »

The Sky Dart wrote:
rockets-in-brighton wrote: Are you OK with non-WRA2 members voting on this? At the moment, (I think) anybody who is registered on the board can vote...
Yes. Why not?
Just checking :)
Cheers
Steve
Rockets-in-Brighton
WEB: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rockets-in-brighton
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

rockets-in-brighton wrote:
The Sky Dart wrote:Some time ago I proposed a new competition class. The topic is now in the WRA2 competition Q &A section ( New Competition Class) . My idea was to have a class with air pressure limited to 300psi and mass to 1000g.

Are you OK with non-WRA2 members voting on this? At the moment, (I think) anybody who is registered on the board can vote...
Yes non WRA2 members can vote. Part of the purpose of this new class is to encourage more people to join the WRA2. Everyone please vote (including people who are not yet members) :WRA2:
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

The poll was broken when we tried earlier, but now it works. If anyone else tried and had trouble they should try again.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

U.S. Water Rockets1 wrote:The poll was broken when we tried earlier, but now it works. If anyone else tried and had trouble they should try again.
The software upgrade caused the problem with the polls. It is fixed now so anyone who had trouble should be able to vote now.
Lisa Walker,
NWIC-SC
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by NWIC-SC »

Does the weight include fuel/water? Or is that non-inclusive in the weight allowance?

Robert
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

NWIC-SC wrote:Does the weight include fuel/water? Or is that non-inclusive in the weight allowance?

Robert
The weight is the dry (no fuel or reaction mass) of the rocket in flight ready condition. Which includes the rocket pressure vessel, fins, nozzle, payload bay, camera, flight computer, altimeter, batteries, deployment system, parachute and nosecone (and anything else that flies with the rocket). No water.
Lisa Walker,
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Everything that flies with the rocket would also include boosters as well.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison