PVC Used for parts under pressure

This forum is for non-members to ask questions about our competitions. Please check our FAQ page before you ask.

Should the use of PVC and CPVC be banned for pressurized components

Poll ended at Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:35 pm

Yes. Use should be only for non-pressurized applications (payload sections)
26%
No. Use at your own risk!
74%

Total votes: 35
Cloud Dancers
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Cloud Dancers »

rockets42 wrote:
1KorBust wrote:That's George Kats. He's very popular and has made lots of contributions to the water rocket group. It sets a bad example for kids if he doesn't follow the safety rules. I wish he had not made light of the accident.
Agreed, I think he said that after that incident he was reviewing their safety procedures. I am not sure he made light of the accident, but I think it highlights the fact that accidents happen and no matter how careful you are you always need to be vigelant. Look at what happened at Scaled composites and they pride themselves on safety.
I guess that this is one of the reasons that we have rules here because accidents do happen. Too bad this guy wasnt following them. I guess he had to learn the hard way.
Chonchielopez
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: PVC Used for parts under pressure

Post by Chonchielopez »

As far as pvc and cpvc go for me I stay away from the stuff for any use, one time I was pumping up my rocket and my launcher just blew!!! From then on I used metal parts for all my launchers etc. :|
Launchers are hard to make