Legal Altimeters

This forum is for non-members to ask questions about our competitions. Please check our FAQ page before you ask.
1KorBust
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Legal Altimeters

Post by 1KorBust »

Is there a list of altimeters which are allowed? I wish to buy one which is accepted. Can someone make a recommendation? Thank you.
Go Big or Go Home!
1KorBust
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Legal Altimeters

Post by 1KorBust »

1KorBust wrote:Is there a list of altimeters which are allowed? I wish to buy one which is accepted. Can someone make a recommendation? Thank you.
Bump.
Go Big or Go Home!
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

I just got a Alt15K/WD Rev2. I had a Alt15K/WD for about 2 years and crashed it earlier this year and it started giving messed up readings, so I ordered another and they had discontinued it and replaced it with the Alt15K/WD Rev2. I am very happy with the new model. I recommend it highly!

What else are you other guys using?
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

1KorBust wrote:Is there a list of altimeters which are allowed? I wish to buy one which is accepted. Can someone make a recommendation? Thank you.
Any commercially available altimeter is accetable to use in our competitions. In the future we may consider allowing home built altimeters if the need arises, but we would have to create a verification procedure that will insure the results are accurate.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

WRA2 wrote:
Any commercially available altimeter is accetable to use in our competitions. In the future we may consider allowing home built altimeters if the need arises, but we would have to create a verification procedure that will insure the results are accurate.
But it still has to be a graphing altimeter right?
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
WRA2 Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 Admin »

But it still has to be a graphing altimeter right?
Yes it does...Any commercially available logging altimeter is acceptable.
David Walker
Administrator
The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association