Hi from uk

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
spanerman

Hi from uk

Post by spanerman »

hey, my names sam im from Wales UK and im into spudguns and model rockets, im planning a 2l bottle rocket with a 22mm/28mm copper and ziptie launch method and run at 6-7 bar, sound good? what kind of altitude will i get
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi from uk

Post by WRA2 »

spanerman wrote:hey, my names sam im from Wales UK and im into spudguns and model rockets, im planning a 2l bottle rocket with a 22mm/28mm copper and ziptie launch method and run at 6-7 bar, sound good? what kind of altitude will i get
Welcome to the WRA2 forum Sam.

You will probably be able to get between 100 and 150 Meters with the rocket you describe.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Welcome,

You are off to a good start.
Post some pictures of your rockets.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
spanerman

Post by spanerman »

i will do, i was just testing to see what pressure 22mm pipe stufed into the bottle would hold....got to 130psi and ha d the poke it off....accidentaly shooting it at my nieghbors house :oops:
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

spanerman wrote:i will do, i was just testing to see what pressure 22mm pipe stufed into the bottle would hold....got to 130psi and ha d the poke it off....accidentaly shooting it at my nieghbors house :oops:
Are you testing to see what the bottle holds or the pipe can hold?
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hi from uk

Post by Mark Chen »

spanerman wrote:hey, my names sam im from Wales UK and im into spudguns and model rockets, im planning a 2l bottle rocket with a 22mm/28mm copper and ziptie launch method and run at 6-7 bar, sound good? what kind of altitude will i get
Welcome to the forum, Spanerman! With a rocket that size you could go as high as 100 meters depending on how heavy it is and how streamlined you make the rocket.
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise