Greetings from Bellarossa Team!

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Bellarossa
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Greetings from Bellarossa Team!

Post by Bellarossa »

Greetings, my name is Dominic from Italy and I am the leader of Bellarossa Water Rocket Team. We would enjoy competing in the 1000foot Challenge and also in your class B multi-step competition. We have a rocket ready to launch, but when we were test flights that we had a canopy failure and the rocket crashed into the ground. We have broken our altimeter and camera in small pieces and did not even know a way as we flew how high, but we think it was over 300 meters.

I anticipate having a lot of fun with water rocket friends in this forum.
_ .~'''~._ .~' Dom '~._ .~''~._
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Welcome to the forum Dominic! I'm sure you will like it here!
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Welcome to the WRA2 forum Dominic,

Sorry to hear that your rocket crashed.

Don't forget to fill out the WRA2 membership application to become eligible to compete in the 1000 foot challenge and the WRA2 Class B competition.

http://www.wra2.org/WRA2_Membership_Application.php

Good Luck.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Greetings from Bellarossa Team!

Post by Mark Chen »

Bellarossa wrote:Greetings, my name is Dominic from Italy and I am the leader of Bellarossa Water Rocket Team. We would enjoy competing in the 1000foot Challenge and also in your class B multi-step competition. We have a rocket ready to launch, but when we were test flights that we had a canopy failure and the rocket crashed into the ground. We have broken our altimeter and camera in small pieces and did not even know a way as we flew how high, but we think it was over 300 meters.

Welcome to the family, team Bellarosso! It's cool to see all of the new teams coming online! I hope smashing your electronics doesn't discourage you! It's always a big setback when this happens, but if you work at it you can come back even better!
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise
Cloud Dancers
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Greetings from Bellarossa Team!

Post by Cloud Dancers »

Bellarossa wrote:Greetings, my name is Dominic from Italy and I am the leader of Bellarossa Water Rocket Team. We would enjoy competing in the 1000foot Challenge and also in your class B multi-step competition. We have a rocket ready to launch, but when we were test flights that we had a canopy failure and the rocket crashed into the ground. We have broken our altimeter and camera in small pieces and did not even know a way as we flew how high, but we think it was over 300 meters.

Crashes happen to everyone so don't get too upset about it. Deploying the chute is one of the most challenging aspects of water rocetry. That is what makes this so interesting and fun.
Welcome to our forum.
The Cloud Dancers
Floating amongst the clouds
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Welcome you guys!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Q
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Q »

Hello Dominic and welcome to this cool forum!
Sorry for the crash but the most important is to learn from the mistakes. Wow! you had a very good start by reaching such an altitude. Our group at least have reached 100 meters, but we keep trying and getting fun.

Best wishes!
Carlos Quintana (aka Q)
Star Trek Club Venezuela
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Q wrote:Hello Dominic and welcome to this cool forum!
Sorry for the crash but the most important is to learn from the mistakes. Wow! you had a very good start by reaching such an altitude. Our group at least have reached 100 meters, but we keep trying and getting fun.

Best wishes!
Carlos Quintana (aka Q)
Star Trek Club Venezuela
Are you named after the omnipotent "Q" from ST:TNG?
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
Q
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Q »

Hello Andromeda.
Oh, well, in a matter, yes. But is the abbreviation for my family name and my nick for being a fan of TNG.

Q.
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Q wrote:Hello Andromeda.
Oh, well, in a matter, yes. But is the abbreviation for my family name and my nick for being a fan of TNG.

Q.
I think he's from the "Q Continuum!"

:D
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Mark Chen »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Q wrote:Hello Andromeda.

Q.
I think he's from the "Q Continuum!"

:D
But he was actually booted out because he was abusing his Q abilities!
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise