This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
tig1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by tig1 »

Hi to every one didn’t realize how big this water rocket interest is.
Had a water rocket years ago as a child very small toy, lots of fun , I figured entering my second child hood I might take a crack at it again, love gadgets, making designing ,using ,hope to learn lots and make a few friends.
"omnia dicta fortiori, si dicta Latina."
"everything sounds more impressive when said in Latin."
thampson
Current WRA2 Dragster Speed & Distance Record Holder

Re: Newbie

Post by thampson »

Welcome to the group. :W

It is certainly a fun and challenging hobby. There is also plenty of knowledge among the members of the forum, so dont be afraid to ask :)

-todd-
HHWRSA
Hornsby Heights Water Rocket Space Agency
http://wrocket.hampson.net.au
tig1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by tig1 »

Hello Todd
Thanks for that welcome, I see your from OZ, I spent some time there a few years back, Sydney
Brisbane, Rockhamton ,Yapoon,worked on Kepple Is, good times great people.
Is that your crew “Hornsby Heights” if so congrads on that . Do you also fly Rockets or are Dragsters your passion.

Glen
"omnia dicta fortiori, si dicta Latina."
"everything sounds more impressive when said in Latin."
thampson

Post by thampson »

Hi Glen,

Yes that is us :) We have been working on the dragsters for a while but we have flown vertical water rockets as well. We did the water rocket dragster as a science project for my son at his school, it was safer than a vertical water rocket. we have been working on them ever since :)

Good luck with your water rockets :)

-todd-
HHWRSA
Hornsby Heights Water Rocket Space Agency
http://wrocket.hampson.net.au
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

tig1 wrote:Hi to every one didn’t realize how big this water rocket interest is.
Had a water rocket years ago as a child very small toy, lots of fun , I figured entering my second child hood I might take a crack at it again, love gadgets, making designing ,using ,hope to learn lots and make a few friends.
Welcome to the Forum!

If you love tinkering and building things, you found the right hobby.... the hobby is really starting to get traction in the world thanks to communities like this forum! There's so much innovation! Enjoy your time here!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison