Hello

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
DruJohnson

Hello

Post by DruJohnson »

Hello,

My name is Andrew Johnson. I was wondering if I could get some help. I am currently working on a project in an internship at Haskell Indian Nations University. The project I am working on has to do with using radio controlled airplanes for remote sensing and first response rescue. We were thinking about using a platform sitting on a rope track with a water rocket attached to the bottom to help launch the planes. considering there will probably not be a suitable place for take offs in the areas we plan on using the planes. I was just wondering if there is anything different that we must do to have a successful horizontal launch.

Thank you,
Andrew Johnson
thampson
Current WRA2 Dragster Speed & Distance Record Holder
Current WRA2 Dragster Speed & Distance Record Holder

Re: Hello

Post by thampson »

Andrew,

I guess we have been doing more horizontal launches than most others on the site. If you put a pair of wings on our water rocket car and lightened it up a bit, you would emulate a horizontal launch of a plane.

We have also been using r/c control for steering, but you could modify that to make the servo activate whatever you wanted it too.

Take a look at our website (link below), there is lots of information. If you have any questions after reading the website, by all means leave a question on this thread and we will do our best to answer for you

-todd-
HHWRSA
Hornsby Heights Water Rocket Space Agency
http://wrocket.hampson.net.au