Hi from BC, Canada

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
longpaddle
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Hi from BC, Canada

Post by longpaddle »

Hi, We are a father son team that has recently discovered the fun of rockets. Started with a stomp launcher that I made for my 4 year old son, then all his freinds wanted one. The kids were having so much fun that when I came across water rockets I had to give it a try.
We started with a simple 1/2pvc cable tie launcher. Our first rocket was a single 2l PET bottle with some plastic fins and soft nose cone.
It worked so well that we are now on launcher #3 and Rocket #5. We can now hold 150psi and use an electric pump, we flew rocket four on Saturday to about 200' and rocket five is on the work bench.
My 4 year old son is limited to decorating, loading and launching the rockets just yet, but he loves it and talks about it all the time.
Dad has progressed to being "obssesed with rockets" according to Mom.
But Dad is having as much fun (maybe more) than his son .. but thats ok !
Rocket Five will be our first multi bottle rocket, looking toward greater altitude and larger payloads..and a more reliable parachute system..
I look forward to gleeming a bit of the mountains of rocket knowledge on this forum.. and maybe contribute a tip or two when I can.
We would also like to get together with other Rocket minded people in the lower mainland of BC, Canada.
Longpaddle Rockets
BC, Canada