Hello from NPL Water Rockets

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
NPL_WaterRockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Hello from NPL Water Rockets

Post by NPL_WaterRockets »

I can't believe we've taken so long to officially register to WRA2, though several of our organisers and participants are members. The NPL Water Rocket Challenge, based in London, UK, gets about 45 different school teams together each year to compete. We've been a public event for 13 years now. With the infrastructure in place, we open the event to anyone in the evening and have had visitors from USA, Hungary, Sweden.... We are run by NPL, a science laboratory, and have ventured into several variations including water rocket powered cars and BIG rockets - we had a 280 litre monster this year. Please check our our homepage at http://www.npl.co.uk/waterrockets which includes links to films and photos of several years' events.

BIG Respect due to WRA2. You've been linked from our website for many years and I know your advice has helped our event's participants.

Andrew
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hello from NPL Water Rockets

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

NPL_WaterRockets wrote:I can't believe we've taken so long to officially register to WRA2, though several of our organisers and participants are members. The NPL Water Rocket Challenge, based in London, UK, gets about 45 different school teams together each year to compete. We've been a public event for 13 years now. With the infrastructure in place, we open the event to anyone in the evening and have had visitors from USA, Hungary, Sweden.... We are run by NPL, a science laboratory, and have ventured into several variations including water rocket powered cars and BIG rockets - we had a 280 litre monster this year. Please check our our homepage at http://www.npl.co.uk/waterrockets which includes links to films and photos of several years' events.

BIG Respect due to WRA2. You've been linked from our website for many years and I know your advice has helped our event's participants.

Andrew
:W to the forum, Andrew!

It is great to hear from you. Your competition is well known all around the world. You do great things to help promote the sport! Nice to have you here.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from NPL Water Rockets

Post by WRA2 »

NPL_WaterRockets wrote:I can't believe we've taken so long to officially register to WRA2, though several of our organisers and participants are members. The NPL Water Rocket Challenge, based in London, UK, gets about 45 different school teams together each year to compete. We've been a public event for 13 years now. With the infrastructure in place, we open the event to anyone in the evening and have had visitors from USA, Hungary, Sweden.... We are run by NPL, a science laboratory, and have ventured into several variations including water rocket powered cars and BIG rockets - we had a 280 litre monster this year. Please check our our homepage at http://www.npl.co.uk/waterrockets which includes links to films and photos of several years' events.

Andrew
Hello Andrew,

:WRA2: Welcome to the WRA2 :WRA2: :W

You are more than welcome to post any NPL Water rocket news, photos, competition results or event announcements to our forum. I will also add a link to your site on our links page. We have our links broken up in to several categories so the biggest issue is fitting your link in or creating a new category if the NPL water Rocket Challenge doesn't fit our current list of categories.

Here are the current categories:

Team Websites (list of personal water rocket websites)
How To
Forums (links to "non-English" water rocket forums)
Simulators & computer models
Commercial websites (this includes sites where parts or rocket components can be purchased)

If you would like a new category created, I am open to suggestions for naming it and can create it easily.

Thanks for the compliments and I look forward to working together to promote the hobby/sport of water rocketry. PH:
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2: