Hello from Eastern PA

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
atvan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Hello from Eastern PA

Post by atvan »

Hello!

I have been interested in water rocketry for some time. This fall, I had the chance to begin my first rocket for a school project, and build another for Science Olympiad. With that over, I now have the need to build a launcher. :p

Anyway, nice to see and active community for these rockets. Expect to see more of me in the near future.
Beware the Purple.
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Eastern PA

Post by WRA2 »

atvan wrote:Hello!

I have been interested in water rocketry for some time. This fall, I had the chance to begin my first rocket for a school project, and build another for Science Olympiad. With that over, I now have the need to build a launcher. :p

Anyway, nice to see and active community for these rockets. Expect to see more of me in the near future.

Welcome :W to the water rocket forum and the WRA2 :WRA2:
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
air.command

Post by air.command »

atvan wrote:With that over, I now have the need to build a launcher.
If you are after a simple full bore nozzle launcher for your rockets then USWR have a good tutorial on how to make one here: http://www.uswaterrockets.com/journa ... ial_Part_1

- George
http://www.AirCommandRockets.com
atvan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by atvan »

Thanks for the link. When I first heard of the cable tie launcher, I was shocked at how amazing simple it was (it made sense to me before I saw any pictures), but I am not really a fan of full bore. I was actually planning to build a variation of your cluster launcher with a easy ball valve shutoff for the booster seats, to allow the launch of standard gardena rocket, or, as I progressed and inevitably moved on to larger rockets, have the availble platform to launch a rocket with boosters without any modifications or rebuilds. Also, after all, it was you videos and website that first got me interested in water rockets. So thanks to you for the inspiration, and the launcher design. :p
Beware the Purple.
air.command

Post by air.command »

atvan wrote:Thanks for the link. When I first heard of the cable tie launcher, I was shocked at how amazing simple it was (it made sense to me before I saw any pictures), but I am not really a fan of full bore. I was actually planning to build a variation of your cluster launcher with a easy ball valve shutoff for the booster seats, to allow the launch of standard gardena rocket, or, as I progressed and inevitably moved on to larger rockets, have the availble platform to launch a rocket with boosters without any modifications or rebuilds. Also, after all, it was you videos and website that first got me interested in water rockets. So thanks to you for the inspiration, and the launcher design. :p
Thanks atvan. I agree, having an isolation valve between the boosters and main stage would make the launcher more versatile. We ended up having the boosters and main stage on two separate and isolated lines. The idea was that we could pressurise the main stage to a different pressure to that of the boosters. When we fly both at the same pressure we just use a splitter on the hose that comes to the launcher. If you're in the design stage of your launcher, you may want to consider using interchangeable release heads on the central release head. This way you can easily launch rockets with different kinds of nozzles.

- George
http://www.AirCommandRockets.com
atvan
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by atvan »

Yea, Iwas probably going to do that. At some point I would probably make a cable tie launcher, and then it could just go on there too.
Beware the Purple.