Salutations from CA, USA

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
T86157
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Salutations from CA, USA

Post by T86157 »

I have been interested in water rockets since middle school (2000) when my honors science teacher had the class build water rockets. Today, I am a senior in college going for my B.S. in ME. I still love water rockets and continue to figure out ways to improve my launcher and parachute. Over the years, I have been focusing more of my time in FTC water rocketry and less in soda bottle rocketry. I enjoy building them as much as enjoy launching them.

I am still new to the water rocket recovery scene as I was trying to adhere to Science Olympiad rules with no metal or electronics involved. I am now looking to incorporate an accelerometer with an Arduino (either a mini or nano) to trigger a servo to activate a recovery mechanism as well as a wireless transmission of an on-board video to spectate and record the rocket from the sky.

Thanks for allowing me to join the forums and being part of the community. There is still a lot to know and understand. I may turn this into a senior project next year.

**The weather in CA, USA is nice this time of year. It is going to continue getting warmer and being less windy. I'm looking forward launching a lot this summer.
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Salutations from CA, USA

Post by Brian »

This is good to hear, Welcome!
Can you post pictures of your rockets so far?
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Salutations from CA, USA

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Welcome to the community! Adding electronics to your rocket should be a great project! You should get some great new insight into water rockets with data collected from the accelerometer!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison