Just to Introduce Myself

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
ctherocketman

Just to Introduce Myself

Post by ctherocketman »

Hi, my name is Chris. I just want to introduce myself. Water rocketry is an area I have use in my space science business for over 10 years. It is a great way to educate about how rockets work and the importance to space travel. I use it as a hook to get kids interested in science.
Just to say Hi. My name is Chris. I use water rocketry in my programming section dealing with rockets and space exploration.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Just to Introduce Myself

Post by Tim Chen »

ctherocketman wrote:Hi, my name is Chris. I just want to introduce myself. Water rocketry is an area I have use in my space science business for over 10 years. It is a great way to educate about how rockets work and the importance to space travel. I use it as a hook to get kids interested in science.
Hi Chris, and WELCOME!

Can you explain a little bit about your business and how it ties in with Water Rockets? I've not heard much about the practical uses of the things and would love to know more.
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
ctherocketman

Post by ctherocketman »

Hi Tim,

I run a small business that incorporates hands-on activities in Space Science. Water rocketry is part of my Rockets and Space Exploration area that I offer. I offer my programs to schools, organizations and the general public. So I am able to go into a situation and do a general program with key activities such as launching rockets using launchers I built. The other approach is that I offer mini space camps for small groups and week long camps that are more concentrated. Water rocketry is great way to get the kids and adults interested in space science which leads to a better appreciation and understanding of science in general. In the general programs relating to rockets the participants launch soda bottles and then launch rockets I have built. In the camps they build rockets that they design. I want to learn more so I can build some of the rockets and launchers that the more advanced people are using.
Just to say Hi. My name is Chris. I use water rocketry in my programming section dealing with rockets and space exploration.
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Hi Chris and welcome! Nice to meet you.
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

hello

Post by Brian »

welcome, you've found a good forum to join.
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
Mark Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Mark Chen »

ctherocketman wrote:Hi Tim,

I run a small business that incorporates hands-on activities in Space Science. Water rocketry is part of my Rockets and Space Exploration area that I offer. I offer my programs to schools, organizations and the general public. So I am able to go into a situation and do a general program with key activities such as launching rockets using launchers I built. The other approach is that I offer mini space camps for small groups and week long camps that are more concentrated. Water rocketry is great way to get the kids and adults interested in space science which leads to a better appreciation and understanding of science in general. In the general programs relating to rockets the participants launch soda bottles and then launch rockets I have built. In the camps they build rockets that they design. I want to learn more so I can build some of the rockets and launchers that the more advanced people are using.
Chris,

I think what you are doing is fantastic! I hope to get involved with kids and get them interested in science as well. I think we need a stronger emphasis on science in our schools, and math too. This is a great way to get them interested when they are young.
Mark Chen
Team Enterprise
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Welcome to the forum, Chris. It is great to have another enthusiast aboard!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison