My Intro

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
sporter2k5
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

My Intro

Post by sporter2k5 »

Hello Everyone.

My name is Steve and I am interested in competing for the 1000 foot challenge. I have helped organize a number of 'Science Fairs' over the past few years and I have the connections to make it happen. It also helps me to have an eager group of students ready and anxious to take the challenge! Thank you for inspiring the kids!
Steve
sporter2k5#NOSPAM#@gmail.com
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: My Intro

Post by Tim Chen »

sporter2k5 wrote:Hello Everyone.

My name is Steve and I am interested in competing for the 1000 foot challenge. I have helped organize a number of 'Science Fairs' over the past few years and I have the connections to make it happen. It also helps me to have an eager group of students ready and anxious to take the challenge! Thank you for inspiring the kids!
Hey Steve! Welcome aboard! It looks like you're going to be comepting with my brother and me for the 1000' challenge! You'll find out it's not as easy as it looks! 8)
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

Welcome Steve!
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
Brian
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Steve

Post by Brian »

hi Steve, i hope you like this forum as much as i do.
i like your job quite alot.
Ascender Water Rockets
http://ascenderwaterrockets.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS2NHXS-VFxEux70DCINR0w
sporter2k5
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Steve

Post by sporter2k5 »

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I hope to bring some new ideas to the board. I'm pretty good at thinking outside the box. I can't wait to get started.
Steve
Andromeda

Post by Andromeda »

sporter2k5 wrote:Thanks for the welcome everyone! I hope to bring some new ideas to the board. I'm pretty good at thinking outside the box. I can't wait to get started.
Do you have any unusual types of water rockets which you have built and launched? If you say you have a creative mind then you must have some new designs we could see and maybe adapt to our rockets?
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
sporter2k5
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by sporter2k5 »

Andromeda wrote:
sporter2k5 wrote:Thanks for the welcome everyone! I hope to bring some new ideas to the board. I'm pretty good at thinking outside the box. I can't wait to get started.
Do you have any unusual types of water rockets which you have built and launched? If you say you have a creative mind then you must have some new designs we could see and maybe adapt to our rockets?
Well, one thing I have that nobody else seems to have done before is to build a water rocket out of aluminum soft drink cans. We have a special welding setup at the shop for welding aluminum sheet metal and we used it to make a 'can rocket'.
Steve
Bonami
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bonami »

sporter2k5 wrote:
Andromeda wrote:
Well, one thing I have that nobody else seems to have done before is to build a water rocket out of aluminum soft drink cans. We have a special welding setup at the shop for welding aluminum sheet metal and we used it to make a 'can rocket'.
I'm impressed if you can weld metal that thin without destroying it. I have not see this done before. How do you make a nozzle for the can rocket?
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Hello Steve, Welcome to the forum.

It would be great if you are able to get more children involved in this sport. You might consider getting them to compete in the class "C" competition. It's perfect for that.

Just remember that you can't use can rockets in any of these contests because the WRA2 does not allow metal parts on the rocket body (bodies, nozzles, fins, etc.). Just a friendly reminder.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison