Please suggest best starter-kit, I want to gift it

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
OBarbas

Please suggest best starter-kit, I want to gift it

Post by OBarbas »

Hello there! I am OBarbas in Sydney Australia. My grand-nephew is 3 years old and lives in Scottsdale, AZ. I want to gift him (obviously under his father's supervision) with a water-rocket with parachute. I've been researching on the Net but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of kits, skills-level, construction needed, etc. Can you please advise the most 'user-friendly' water-rocket-and-parachute-kit that a young boy (who is ahead of his age) and his father can get into? Thanks so much! OBarbas TI:
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Please suggest best starter-kit, I want to gift it

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

OBarbas wrote:Hello there! I am OBarbas in Sydney Australia. My grand-nephew is 3 years old and lives in Scottsdale, AZ. I want to gift him (obviously under his father's supervision) with a water-rocket with parachute. I've been researching on the Net but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of kits, skills-level, construction needed, etc. Can you please advise the most 'user-friendly' water-rocket-and-parachute-kit that a young boy (who is ahead of his age) and his father can get into? Thanks so much! OBarbas TI:
You should look at the kits from AntiGravityResearch. Assuming you want a pre-made kit and are not planning on scratch building, this would be a nice way to go and also support a company that has been part of the hobby for many years.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
OBarbas

Post by OBarbas »

Thank you USWaterRockets for your great suggestion. I will follow-up on it immediately. Hopefully it will excite interest in rockets in my grand-nephew.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

OBarbas wrote:Thank you USWaterRockets for your great suggestion. I will follow-up on it immediately. Hopefully it will excite interest in rockets in my grand-nephew.
Our pleasure! Good luck with the launches!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
OBarbas

Post by OBarbas »

My Good Sir US WaterRockets

I am happy to report that thanks to your advice, Master Theodore Alexander Rodgers, aged 3, my grand-nephew, successfully launched (with the assistance of supervising adults) his first Payload Anti-Gravity-Research Rocket on 17 February 2013, approximately 3.48 pm, at McCormick Ranch, Scottsdale, Arizona, USA. A record of this monumental event is provided on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 6uNl8HqB74

On my advice young Theo dictated to his mother a note addressed to the local Strategic Air Command, alerting them of the impending launch and the absence of any reason to dispatch domestic drones to investigate.

I thank you US WaterRockets for taking the time to enable me to provide a grand experience for my beloved grand-nephew.

Cheers

OBarbas TH: :cl:
Sydney Australia
OBarbas

Post by OBarbas »

Looks like I better buy him a backup parachute though, more damage to it after recovery than in the air ... :lol:
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Awesome story, thanks for sharing! Glad to hear they didn't send in the clowns. Err I mean drones!
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.