This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Solarlight Dark
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Solarlight Dark »

Hi everyone,

I come from Vietnam, this is the first time i join this Board. I am very interested in making WR. In vietnam, i joined a lot of competitions of WR and astronomy, i really want to ask and learn more about WR and i am trying to make a new kind of WR. But my bad English prevent me from getting more informations about the development of WR history and its improvements.

Hope you don't laugh at my English and hope you help me with your knowledges, i will try me best to give more informations of what Vietnamese invented in WR styles. Thank you for reading !!!

So amazing if there are more Vietnamese people in WR forum :D

Solarlight Dark
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: New member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Solarlight Dark wrote:Hi everyone,

I come from Vietnam, this is the first time i join this Board. I am very interested in making WR. In vietnam, i joined a lot of competitions of WR and astronomy, i really want to ask and learn more about WR and i am trying to make a new kind of WR. But my bad English prevent me from getting more informations about the development of WR history and its improvements.

Hope you don't laugh at my English and hope you help me with your knowledges, i will try me best to give more informations of what Vietnamese invented in WR styles. Thank you for reading !!!

So amazing if there are more Vietnamese people in WR forum :D

Solarlight Dark
Hello Solarlight Dark, and welcome to the forum! You seem to be the first person from Vietnam to join the forum! We welcome people from all places here. Water rockets are fun no matter where you live or what language you speak! We are sure that people here will enjoy learning about the water rockets you make in your part of the world!

Nice to have you here!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Solarlight Dark
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Could you tell me about the single stage world record ??? What is the volume of these rocket ???

In Vietnam, I used 1.5l bottles and they are in the air about 8.2 s (no parasol) . Is this high or not ???
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Solarlight Dark wrote:Could you tell me about the single stage world record ??? What is the volume of these rocket ???

In Vietnam, I used 1.5l bottles and they are in the air about 8.2 s (no parasol) . Is this high or not ???

The volume of X-12 (the World Record Holder) is close to 3 liters.

Did your rocket fly in a stable mode for 8.2 seconds, or did it tumble, or glide down on the side of the rocket (backglider)? Those types of flights will extend the duration of the flight without increasing the altitude.

Just for reference, our X-12 rocket flew from ground to apogee in 12 seconds. That was a flight nearly 2200 feet high.

Still, you probably can get 350-450 feet with a plain bottle if you have everything just right. The point is to keep improving and have fun!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Solarlight Dark
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

I saw my WR need more than 4 seconds to reach to the highest altitude. We calculated it may be about 100-105 meters, you are right.
But it is only 1.5 l PET bottle. In Vietnam, we don't have the higher volumes of bottle. We are trying to make a staging WR, could you give me some informations about it (link or document) ??? In VN, we invented the new kind of stager but it worked not as well as your.
Thank you for answering, best regards !!!