New member in NC

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
peeg2819
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

New member in NC

Post by peeg2819 »

Hello all,
Built my first launcher last year and now am looking to improve on it.
Looking forward to getting some good information from here. Simple parachute designs primarily, but no doubt i'll get to the really neat stuff in due course.
Flash
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: New member in NC

Post by Flash »

Welcome aboard hauss. I'm new to WB Rockets myself. Hope the best for you!
Flash
Flash
TRA L2 10484
Age 55
46 years with Rocketry
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Howdy! What type of launcher did you build?

Bugwubber
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Tony
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tony »

Welcome!

I expect you will find more information in these pages than you even thought there was to find. I know I did.
"Houston, we've had a problem..."
peeg2819
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by peeg2819 »

bugwubber wrote:Howdy! What type of launcher did you build?

Bugwubber
I went for the simple 'H' shaped 1/2" PVC pipe. For the vertical part of the launch tube, i went with the heated up and squished pipe method with cable tie release. I also added a safety spring to keep the collar pushed up.

I think the Mk II will use the o-ring method as that seems a bit better. I also plan to move the pump/gauge/isolation valve away from the launcher so we can launch safely at the end of an air line.
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

peeg2819 wrote:
bugwubber wrote:Howdy! What type of launcher did you build?

Bugwubber
I went for the simple 'H' shaped 1/2" PVC pipe. For the vertical part of the launch tube, i went with the heated up and squished pipe method with cable tie release. I also added a safety spring to keep the collar pushed up.

I think the Mk II will use the o-ring method as that seems a bit better. I also plan to move the pump/gauge/isolation valve away from the launcher so we can launch safely at the end of an air line.
Definitely good changes. Are you using a manual pump?
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
peeg2819
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by peeg2819 »

Yes. And my new launcher will have the capability to attach either a hand pump or a compressor via a ARO coupling
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

peeg2819 wrote:Yes. And my new launcher will have the capability to attach either a hand pump or a compressor via a ARO coupling
Gotta love those quick connects. I ran into an issue last year where a compressor failed but I wasn't able to hook my equipment up to the other guy's launcher because he used smaller quick connects than I had. Ended up having to use my backup launcher as well. Sine then, I made sure to always have a Schrader valve connection option available.
Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.