Hello all Fellow Rocketeers,

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Jamie5335
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Hello all Fellow Rocketeers,

Post by Jamie5335 »

Hello, My name is Jamie and I am 15 years old and I live in Somerset, England. :BD:

Well, I have always been in the water rocket business or at least for a very long time! The first memory of water rockets was me, my dad and my Grandpa making a rocket out of a fairy liquid bottle in the garden which just spiraled which was just a bit of fun. Then that christmas we got a Maplins water rocket set including a launcher (which happened to be a Gardena) and 4 coloured rockets. Well those were good for a few years but then I discovered that lemonade bottles had the same end and could screw onto the gardena launcher. I then went through a stage of making rockets that looked realistic yet only used a single bottle at the bottom- yet being very tall meant that the small maplins launcher was beginning to strain. On the day of the royal wedding I made the Saturn 5 that (in my mind) was very tall and indeed due to the fact that it didn't spiral when rather high for a single stage, single bottle rocket.

And then I went into the stage I am in now. We purchased a kite camera to go on the side of the rocket- and scraped the Saturn 5 to make way for a parachute rocket using the 3 litre saturn 5 bottles. Early attempts went badly- but after watching a tutorial of the Air Command Water Rockets website that I would highly recommend. We made a Parachute release that worked- yet deployed late because the 'test' rocket we made out of the 3 litre bottles didn't go high enough. So now we have made our first spliced pair. They work- they go up to 105 psi and soon we will connect multiple splices to make the Britannia Super rocket. A 12 litre, fully fined, parachute release marvel.

We thats the plan! Thanks anyway and I hope i fit in well. I am also making a website at the moment, BUT IT IS NOT FINISHED SO MAY NOT BE VERY GOOD!
:W
JSB Rocketry
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCczlD-uBjlYdJyBFEfuCEbg/feed

Jamie Bignell,
jamie.s.bignell@gmail.com
Somerset UK

"The important thing is to know how to take all things quietly" -Michael Faraday.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hello all Fellow Rocketeers,

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Hi Jamie!

Welcome to the forum. It's nice to have you here, and hopefully you will be able to share some of the things you have learned along the way with the rest of us!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison
Reptiglorandrockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hello all Fellow Rocketeers,

Post by Reptiglorandrockets »

Hey Jamie
Welcome to the forum! It's great to get new people. People here at the forum are very helpful on answering your questions. I just joined this year, and so far it has been a rewarding experience. We hope to see what you have to offer. Happy launching!

Randy
Blog:http://rrockets.blogspot.com/?m=1

Email: reptiglorandrockets@gmail.com

Visit Reptiglorandrockets on YouTube!

Facebook: Randy Truman Jr.