launching pad

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
manjunath
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

launching pad

Post by manjunath »

please tell me the idea for making the launching pad for water rocketry...launching pad should be angle changable.
Water Rocket Expert
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: launching pad

Post by Water Rocket Expert »

Ok. This is how it is done. Take a wood board 1-2" thick 1 foot long and 1 foot across. Get some half inch Schedule 40 PVC pipe and also get a PVC cap and an elbow, also get two couplings that has regular pvc type opening on one side and the other screws onto something. And also get one coupling. Now cut make an elbow from one end of the board to the other with about the verticle part sticking one foot up. Get a scrader valve from a bicycle tire and sand ALL the rubber off of it. Us JB Weld, their strongest type and after drilling a hole in the cap, glue the valve into the hole. Now cement the cap to the first piece of pipe on the horizontal end with the cap sticking off the piece of wood. Next glue the elbow on right before it gets to the other piece of wood. Then glue on the one foot verticle piece of pvc pipe. Then glue on the male screw end, and female regular end connector. Then screw on the other one of those ontop of that. then glue your clark cable tie attachment on by following these steps (I am just telling you how to build the base. http://www.uswaterrockets.com/construct ... torial.htm but remember to also build there clamp release. You can make that by taking a piece of pipe about a foot long and by attacking the wire ties using ducttape and a hose clamp and beveling the pipe with fire (see youtube). then you can screw on any attackment you want. Next take some brackets and fit then so they can hold this pvc contraption to the wood. Screw them on to desired tightness so the angle can be tilted. Drill some holes in the base and use tent pegs to keep it from falling over.

Ask questions i I wasn't clear becuase I am in a rush at this moment I have to leave for school. Have fun and hope this helped!
Water Rocket Expert
I'm 20
Maryland
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein