Hello from Windhoek, Namibia

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
NamSandStorm

Hello from Windhoek, Namibia

Post by NamSandStorm »

Hi,

a friend wanted to fiddle with combustion engine rockets and asked me to help. I was interested, but decided that I want my kids to share in the fun. This is how I ended up not going for the more dangerous type of rocket.

I built my first tube launcher today and it works like a charm. Now my launches are roughly identical and I can start tweaking the rockets!

In our small garden we just launch 500ml - 1 litre PET bottles (vanilla-style ... no fins, etc.), which is good (and safe) enough for my 4 year old son.
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hello from Windhoek, Namibia

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

NamSandStorm wrote:Hi,

a friend wanted to fiddle with combustion engine rockets and asked me to help. I was interested, but decided that I want my kids to share in the fun. This is how I ended up not going for the more dangerous type of rocket.

I built my first tube launcher today and it works like a charm. Now my launches are roughly identical and I can start tweaking the rockets!

In our small garden we just launch 500ml - 1 litre PET bottles (vanilla-style ... no fins, etc.), which is good (and safe) enough for my 4 year old son.
Hi NamSandStorm, and welcome to the exciting world of water rockets. We have been doing this for many years, and we got into it because if was much safer. We found that combustion rocket engines are very difficult to find suitable launching places, but water rockets you can launch from just about any location safely.

If you stick with this as your son grows up, you may be building larger and more complex rockets. You may have to find a bigger area like a field or something.

Welcome to the forum, please keep us all posted on your progress as you develop more rockets.
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison