dongfang

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
dongfang
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

dongfang

Post by dongfang »

Hi,

I just built my 2nd water rocket and 1st real launcher. Water wockets more or less came as a cross brees of potato cannons and R/C airplanes here: I have learned something about pnuematics with the cannons, and I want to launch a remote controlled thing (water rocket air shuttle) with the rockets....

Anyway, here's the rocket! It's 4 .05 liter PET bottles stacked together. It was tested with water to 8.5 bar (125 psi), and it flies .. well high.

Regards
Soren
Attachments
DSC_0264.JPG
DSC_0263.JPG
DSC_0262.JPG
Andromeda

Re: dongfang

Post by Andromeda »

dongfang wrote:Hi,

I just built my 2nd water rocket and 1st real launcher. Water wockets more or less came as a cross brees of potato cannons and R/C airplanes here: I have learned something about pnuematics with the cannons, and I want to launch a remote controlled thing (water rocket air shuttle) with the rockets....

Anyway, here's the rocket! It's 4 .05 liter PET bottles stacked together. It was tested with water to 8.5 bar (125 psi), and it flies .. well high.

Regards
Soren
Welcome aboard, Soren!!!

I have not seen before a splice that looks like yours do. Is this a new style? How is it done?
Andromeda
No matter where you go, there you are.
- Buckaroo Bansia
The Mooseheads
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by The Mooseheads »

Regards
Soren
Hello Soren! Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum! We have some of the best water rocket teams in the world here and the list is growing! It's good to have you join in the fun! 8)
Rick C.
The Mooseheads
Spaceman Spiff
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Welcome dude! I love your skateboard ramp! :lol:
Spaceman Spiff
"What goes up, must come down"
dongfang
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by dongfang »

Hi,

My splice is really simple: The bottom of one bottle fits snugly over the top of the next one. Just have to find the right bottles, hehe. I just cut them, and glue them (after some very careful cleaning and roughening). It took only an hour to put together that rocket.

With perfectly cylindrical bottles, I guess one can expand one end slightly with a custom arbor and heat.

Regards
Soren
WRA2
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by WRA2 »

Regards
Soren
Welcome to the Water Rocket Forum.

We look forward to seeing more of you work.
Lisa Walker,
:WRA2: Forum Administrator. :WRA2:
:WRA2:The Water Rocket Achievement World Record Association :WRA2:
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

Welcome soren! Nice to meet you!
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise
Cloud Dancers
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Cloud Dancers »

Regards
Soren
When you launch a plane using a water rocket be sure to use a small nozzle because a rocket with a large nozzle will accelerate too fast and possibly damage your plane or cause the attachment mechanism to fail.

Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of friends here .
The Cloud Dancers
Floating amongst the clouds
U.S. Water Rockets1
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by U.S. Water Rockets1 »

Welcome to the Water Rockets Forum, Soren! Your electronics work is very impressive. We look forward to seeing more of your fascinating work!
Team U.S. Water Rockets
Visit USWaterRockets.com
Visit our Blog
Tune in to our YouTube Channel
Visit our Facebook page
Visit our Twitter Page
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. --Thomas Edison