Hello Rocketeers.

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
Recogniseman

Hello Rocketeers.

Post by Recogniseman »

Hi everyone. I am new to water rockets (apart from experimenting when I was like 10)
I am currently building a number of splice rockets. I am going to attempt to build a cable tie launcher as described on the uswaterrockets website.

I am currently looking into a simple parachute deployment system that I can easily build and does not involve any computer based gizmos. Any suggestions for systems I could use would be greatly appreciated.

A bit about me: I am a paint technician in the car trade (so fairly handy at making stuff etc.)
I live in Princes Risborough Buck UK
I am married with a 4 year old son. (Who I hope to impress with my rocket making talents :D

Cheers all
Rob.
RaketfuedRockets
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Hello Rocketeers.

Post by RaketfuedRockets »

Hello Rob,
welcome to the forum!

A very easy, but light and reliable parachute system is our so called "Phoenix 5" system:
[youtube][/youtube]

If you want to learn more about the advantages of this design, I would suggest you to check out our website.
http://www.raketfuedrockets.de/anleitun ... hirmsystem
Unfortunately the website is only available in German, but you can use a translator.
Greetings and good luck with your rockets! :)
Julian from Team Raketfued
RaketfuedRockets - Building water rockets since 2011
Check out our YouTube-Channel: www.youtube.com/Raketfued
Check out our website: www.raketfuedrockets.com
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/RaketfuedRockets
skysaber89
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by skysaber89 »

Greetings brother!

You could look into uisng to my timer systems(I can't watch the video that Raketfued posted currently, so his may be something with tomy timers). Good luck to you in your endeavors.
brett74

Post by brett74 »

That seams very simple. Thanks
Recogniseman

Post by Recogniseman »

Hello everyone. Thanks for your replies
A few months later and here is a link to my first 3 launches of my rocket. Incorporating many designs and ideas from USWaterRockets, AirCommand, Raketfuedrockets and WRA2. Thanks to everyone enjoy

Recon
motorcyclepilot
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by motorcyclepilot »

Nice rocket! We've had quite a few 'lawn darts' but only one that damaged our rocket beyond re-use.

Welcome!
PFFFT
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by PFFFT »

Thanks for making this video, it is very helpful and easy to make, not as complicated as some other systems.