Hello everyone HELP with research project

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
andrew.peccerillo

Hello everyone HELP with research project

Post by andrew.peccerillo »

Hi everybody. As part of a summer research project I am redesigning my colleges intro to mechanical engineering lab. This lab involves students designing water bottle rockets, analyzing them in a model, and then launching them, and comparing and summarizing the data in a paper. The focus of the paper is for the students to analyze what factors may not have been included in the model that would cause differences in their actual launch. I have spent weeks deciphering my universities existing model from excel and translating into MATLAB, also including many factors neglected in the original model. I am now trying to find a way to accurately track the rocket mid flight and have the data easily accessible for direct analysis against my model. In the past an alti-tracker was was used to "approximate" max height and and tape measure was used to find range. I'm aiming for continuous data capture. My adviser on this project has a few conditions, she prefer that it is not a DIY module but something that can be purchased as a whole unit. I also have a max budget of $1000 per unit. I've been looking all over the internet for weeks, searching for technological solutions that can be borrowed from model rockets, drones, even golf balls. Does anyone on this forum have a recommendation for which I can proceed. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Andrew Peccerillo
Quinnipiac University
PETrockets

Re: Hello everyone HELP with research project

Post by PETrockets »

If i understood right you might be looking for the altimetertwo or the altimeterthree or if you only need to know the max height reached you could search for the altimeterone
bugwubber
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by bugwubber »

Bugwubber

Team S.P.E.W.
Tim Chen
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Tim Chen »

What about the USWaterRockets DIY Altimeter?
Tim Chen
Captain, Team Enterprise