Parachute deployment help

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
NeptuneRockets

Parachute deployment help

Post by NeptuneRockets »

Hello, my friends and I call our selves Neptune rockets and we have been doing water rockets for some time but we have been taking a break or R&D trying to set up an electronic servo timer we've tried and tried to get the servochron to work and some how I can't figure out what I am doing wrong in the programming stage. I have also tried writing the code for an arduino witch ended up just ruining a bunch of servos (I do not know why I've been programming arduino for a while so idk). So if anyone has any suggestions about where to buy one or tips for the US water rockets ServoChron we would be very appreciative.
anoymous

Re: Parachute deployment help

Post by anoymous »

Hello and :W to the forum.
Maybe I can help with your problem. I already made an arduino altimeter, our code is in the link, and you can also see the things we used. I don't think it will work without the micro sd, tough. Maybe you could optimize it.
Otherwise, did you already try the LaunchPad alTImeter?
Last but not least here is a hint that can possibly save you a lot of money on servos: seek a staircase and go up and down with the altimeter turned on. if the servo goes of in the way down, you know it works.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.
mahboob
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: Parachute deployment help

Post by mahboob »

servo control parachute
for more video visit my FB page
https://www.facebook.com/Water-Rocket-H ... ne/?ref=hl
Attachments
20151011203503.jpg
20151011203503.jpg (161.67 KiB) Viewed 17 times
20151011203500 (1).jpg