water racket with parachute from beginning

This forum is for new members to introduce themselves and tell us how they got started in water rocketry.
saqib

water racket with parachute from beginning

Post by saqib »

Hello Every One,
I need help of every single person who made the water rocket having parachute. Basically i'm participating in an event on next week. i have to make it from beginning of water rocket, parachute, nozle, and launcher.
More points are for lading mechanism and cheapest one. so i can't use servo ardino, sensors etc. help me with best design with parameters.
Guys plx help me with your knowledge
skysaber89
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Re: water racket with parachute from beginning

Post by skysaber89 »

You could try a tomy timer. That is basically just the mechanism in a wind up toy stripped out and held in place until launch. If you search how to make a tomy timer release on YouTube, I'm sure you'll find some videos to help you make the apparatus. You could also use a nose cone off at apogee thing. This is just where the nosecone comes off at apogee, and the parachute is pulled out of the nose cone.

The latter system is really easy to make.
Just cut three strips of plastic from a bottle about 1.5 inches by 0.75 inches. Then fold each strip in half and glue one side of each half, equally spaced about the circumference, near the bottom of the bottle. Not on the very bottom, but a few centimeters below where the wall meets the base. Then get another bottle and cut the bottom off. This is the nosecone. Tie your parachute to the fuselage, and the nose cone as well. You can then pack the parachute in the nose cone and it *should* fall off at apogee.

I'm sure you could also look up tutorials of how to do this as well, as I feel my explanation wasn't as clear as it could be.
anoymous

Post by anoymous »

Also try a chemical deployment. Could work too. On aircommand's website, you can find lots of tutorials there. Also, try visiting USWaterrocket's website.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

Sorry for malconstructions in my sentences, I am Belgian. And I was never good at making easy sentences.
Alien Space Agency
WRA2 Member
WRA2 Member

Post by Alien Space Agency »

yeah.... he didn't reply :'(
Nothing can stop a curious mind from inventing- Anonymous